Should Horse Riders Be Banned From Using Roads

15 hours ago, Axe said:

Horses were on the roads before motor vehicles. 

A couple of thousand years before.

The chronology of who was using Britain's highways first is as follows:

Pedestrian > Horse> Bicycle > Motor vehicle 

Makes you wonder why some users of motor vehicles are so entitled.

20 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

This is why I carry a pea shooter.

It's especially more satisfying though when it hits those tight cycling shorts that Joshua and Tarquin wear whilst cycling two abreast.

Bet you don't you use your pea shooter if it's the police riding the horses :nod:

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

Yes I’ve checked that out and you are correct, daft isn’t it? :loopy:

Only if you don't consider the wear and tear of horses all travelling along the same bit of grass.

You never know!  We might all end up riding  Horses in the future,  the ban of Petrol and Diesel and eventually finding some excuse to ban electric vehicles,  so get ready to saddle up, Yee Haa. 🤠

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I wouldn't dream of it.

Catapult......

Not that I'd condone it,

But it would be more like 1/2 an house brick in some of the outlying ex mining communities :suspect: 

19 hours ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

They are physically subjecting the horses to the stress of passing vehicles yet i’m the bad person for not slowing down?

There are acres of pasture where I don’t go yet they want to trot about on the road near me & my dually 

the ignorance is mind numbing 

In theory you could ride a camel on UK roads, not sure we should ban all animals on UK roads just because we in our cars need to slow down.

They are banned from motorways, I am sure you could make a case for banning animals from mayor trunk roads.

But is there a need, as they will rarely use them

• Like 1

Why in this modern age does one species on this Earth find it necessary to sit on another species back , race it, pull a cart with it and jump over impossible fences with it .

If that horse happens to break a leg while being raced whipped and dug into then the horse is shot , You see the riders of these genteel animals whooping and congratulating them selves if they have jumped a jump while sat on the said horses back .

When in fact it’s the horse that’s done it . Horse lovers my arssse

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Why in this modern age does one species on this Earth find it necessary to sit on another species back , race it, pull a cart with it and jump over impossible fences with it .

If that horse happens to break a leg while being raced whipped and dug into then the horse is shot , You see the riders of these genteel animals whooping and congratulating them selves if they have jumped a jump while sat on the said horses back .

When in fact it’s the horse that’s done it . Horse lovers my arssse

So I can win a few quid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1