Football Fan Ban Over Gender Critical Posts After Premier League Investigation

9 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I'm not sure that it isn't just a sad case of general lunacy taking place.  Look at this for an example of complete nonsensical lack of commonsense.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/03/18/witheridge-devon-village-clock-silenced/

One complaint!  This is how the complaint should have been dealt with in my opinion.

" Yes, you have my sympathy, it must be a bit annoying.  When did you move to the village?

" Lived here all my life "

" And you've just noticed the bells? "

" No, but now there're annoying me. "

" How old are you? "

" 45 (?) "

" The church is over 150 years old, no one else has complained, so while I sympathise with you it seems the only solution is for one of you to leave the village. The church has 105 years precedence and would be difficult to relocate, so although we'll miss you don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. "

What's wrong with that as a diplomatic way of handling the situation?

It doesn’t surprise me; the Church of England seems to be a gutless organisation. It should have told the parish council to get stuffed and Newcastle United should have told the Premier League the same.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I'm not sure that it isn't just a sad case of general lunacy taking place.  Look at this for an example of complete nonsensical lack of commonsense.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/03/18/witheridge-devon-village-clock-silenced/

One complaint!  This is how the complaint should have been dealt with in my opinion.

" Yes, you have my sympathy, it must be a bit annoying.  When did you move to the village?

" Lived here all my life "

" And you've just noticed the bells? "

" No, but now there're annoying me. "

" How old are you? "

" 45 (?) "

" The church is over 150 years old, no one else has complained, so while I sympathise with you it seems the only solution is for one of you to leave the village. The church has 105 years precedence and would be difficult to relocate, so although we'll miss you don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. "

What's wrong with that as a diplomatic way of handling the situation?

Slightly different but on the same vein. Small race tracks. The kind that were affordable to rent out by car enthusiasts and often were.  Developers would buy nearby land and build housing on it and people would move in, in full knowledge of the track as it would be on their survey.  They'd then start to complain about the noise and the council would enforce untenable restrictions meaning the track was useless.

Now I don't condone street racing in anyway shape or form however the common call is "save it for the track". Those smaller tracks were often around £1000  for exclusive 1 day hire and you'd probably have a limit of 15 cars. So around £70/ea for the day.

Big tracks are the only option now,  Silverstone/Brands Hatch are in the region of £30,000/day for hire, so nowhere near affordable for the average enthusiast. 

Although in the US, one of the most famous racetracks in the world is currently being sued for noise. Leguna Seca.  A track that long existed before the housing around it. (The housing sprang up BECAUSE of the track)

Link

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

It's almost as though there is some agenda by powerful but shadowy elites who are pulling the strings that gives this tiny tiny fraction of people such a disproportionately loud voice. 

But I'm sure that couldn't possibly be the case. 

I think it more than this tiny minority are rather violent and loud so let's pacify them rather than risk assaults or vandalism.

20 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

It doesn’t surprise me; the Church of England seems to be a gutless organisation. It should have told the parish council to get stuffed and Newcastle United should have told the Premier League the same.

Don't for one minute think that either the COE or Newcastle wanted to tell them to get stuffed but like I mentioned above, it would be more trouble than it's worth. 

Easier to pacify the minority and they will then move on to another nonsense issue.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Don't for one minute think that either the COE or Newcastle wanted to tell them to get stuffed but like I mentioned above, it would be more trouble than it's worth. 

Easier to pacify the minority and they will then move on to another nonsense issue.

Why 'pacify' these individuals at the expense of the majority?

7 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

That video you shared is absolutely unbelievable. What the hell are the Premier League doing? The variety of personal opinions held by different supporters throughout the whole football family must include every view from the sublime to the ridiculous known to humanity.

What's it got to do with them? Who's idea was it to set up some kind of undercover mind control investigation unit?

I really feel for that poor lass, all she's done is express her opinion, which as it happens I believe most of us agree with, and they've caused her personal distress and effected her life. I hope she sues the ********.

Only one good thing is going to come from this.  Following my post at # 5 I'll be banned from the Lane. Finally, an end to the pain born bravely over the years since my dad took me to see Hagan play. A season ticket holder in every division of the old football league and in the Premier League also.

Banned, a martyr to the cause of free speech, a sad but glorious way to go.

• Like 2

I’d just like to join the hang ‘em and flog ‘em anti-woke brigade for the day.

Is that ok?

This is absolutely bonkers. I assumed that she’d done something else and was conflating two issues, but no, it’s just absolute madness.

3 minutes ago, m williamson said:

That video you shared is absolutely unbelievable. What the hell are the Premier League doing? The variety of personal opinions held by different supporters throughout the whole football family must include every view from the sublime to the ridiculous known to humanity.

What's it got to do with them? Who's idea was it to set up some kind of undercover mind control investigation unit?

I really feel for that poor lass, all she's done is express her opinion, which as it happens I believe most of us agree with, and they've caused her personal distress and effected her life. I hope she sues the ********.

Only one good thing is going to come from this.  Following my post at # 5 I'll be banned from the Lane. Finally, an end to the pain born bravely over the years since my dad took me to see Hagan play. A season ticket holder in every division of the old football league and in the Premier League also.

Banned, a martyr to the cause of free speech, a sad but glorious way to go.

Exactly - personal opinions, which most of us accept are the individuals right to hold - even if we don't agree with them. Did the lass in the original article go round the ground shouting out that personal opinion?

I doubt it - she presumably, like the vast majority, went to watch the game, not get involved in some strange 'discussion'.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I’d just like to join the hang ‘em and flog ‘em anti-woke brigade for the day.

Is that ok?

This is absolutely bonkers. I assumed that she’d done something else and was conflating two issues, but no, it’s just absolute madness.

From what we have seen, she merely held personal views - as we are entitled to - expressed them on 'social media' - a dangerous thing to do now, apparently, but did not go round the ground espousing them - but the FA for some reason think that is not acceptable. What clowns run it?