Halifax High Street Branch To Close

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

What would you do if your employer went against your wishes? 

I am self employed. But in this scenario, the employees could carry on giving great service without pushing the app on to customers. It's not as though customers are going to complain that they've not been pressured in to downloading it. 

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Employees, even! When can we edit again ffs.

I respect my employees to be transparent with them about any situation that could render them redundant. And I would never ask my staff to push an app on someone, so the question is hypothetical. 

9 hours ago, bluecanary said:

Went into Halifax recently to try and open a bank account for my daughter, which you can't do online. Took all the necessary documents with us, only to be told they couldn't do it as we hadn't made an appointment in advance. They were fully booked and unable to offer us an appointment at any suitable time in the near future (most were within school hours) so I have now given up.

So much for teaching my child financial independence and responsibility. Clearly there is a demand for services that are only offered in the person, and I can't see how closing the largest branch in the city is going to be meeting this demand.

Sounds like my GP.

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I rang mine last week at half 8 and had an appointment within 90 minutes. Maybe you need to change doctors.

I’ve rately seen an actual doctor, last time I was placed on two 18 months waiting lists, one for  a frozen shoulder and the other for a hearing test. But what the heck, I’ve self cured the hearing loss with the  help of an on-line hearing aid costing £11.09 and a fall caused by my Rheumatoid Arthritis has improved the shoulder no end, who needs the NHS? 😉

13 hours ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

what have I written? have another look buddie

You've said 'if they close a branch that i use, i'll bank with someone else'