Halifax High Street Branch To Close

6 hours ago, crookesey said:

I’ve rately seen an actual doctor, last time I was placed on two 18 months waiting lists, one for  a frozen shoulder and the other for a hearing test. But what the heck, I’ve self cured the hearing loss with the  help of an on-line hearing aid costing £11.09 and a fall caused by my Rheumatoid Arthritis has improved the shoulder no end, who needs the NHS? 😉

Makes you wonder what our National Insurance is being spent on.

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Makes you wonder what our National Insurance is being spent on.

State pensions, jobseekers allowance, employment and support allowance, maternity allowance, bereavement allowance....    Its not all simply handed to the NHS.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 25/03/2024 at 14:35, SheffieldForum said:

The Halifax have announced the closure of its High Street branch in Sheffield.

They say most of their customers use the app and online banking nowadays, so the branch is unnecessary. 

Alternatives are found nearby with lots of transactions available at the Post Office counter or the Halifax branch on The Moor.

High Street branch will close in early July.

Is there just that post office on Charles St in town now?  I used to avoid the post office inside Wilko on Haymarket if possible as it always had massive queues.  The Charles St post office is pretty small too.

• 3 months later...

Not totally surprising. 

They still have a city centre branch on The Moor which has just been refurbished. Soon as I saw that happen, I suspected the High Street branch wasn't for much longer. 

In this day and age where the number of people using branches is completely dwindling generally, why would they need two branches in the city having to pay two sets are very expensive rent and running costs.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Do people not realise that not everybody is on line ? . They assume people are . Not good 

What are you on about?  There is still a branch in the city centre.

1 hour ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Do people not realise that not everybody is on line ? . They assume people are . Not good 

I went in there the other to use a cash machine.  I overheard a conversation from a disgruntled customer unable to make an appointment as they had a massive backlog apparently.  He said the same thing about not everyone being on line.  I’ve used online banking for a long time but clearly many don’t and whenever I do go in bank they always seem very busy.  It’s interesting that they seem to be directing people to post offices for banking but there aren’t many of those now.  I think there might only be the one on Charles St in town now.