Lowedges & S8 Festival Sun Aug 11th

3 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

This should now be re-named the Bowshaw Festival and Car Boot Dust Rally Track !    I also hadn't realised that I would have to walk through clouds of foul-smelling cannabis smoke near the stage area.  Young children (some of them belonging to a dance group) and their parents were also subjected to this filthy and illegal spectacle.  There were no police officers present,  so  the 'do as I please brigade'  had free reign!   My family  will not be returning next year.

Lowedges is as Lowedges does. 

3 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Stewards/Volunteers?

Also - you can still call the police to report a crime, even at an event.

Stewards and volunteers were busy with traffic leaving the event and I wouldn’t expect them to do the job of the police.  I would only report an incident of this nature to the police at the time, if they had been there.  But they weren’t, they’d already left it seems? 

please note derbyshire police on site from 1pm they are based at clay cross and if you ring them they will confirm, i personally spoke to them at 4pm and they were happy, but its a huge event and re-cannabis this often goes with reggae and police tend to keep a low profile , but ring them, if you wish or pm me for the the pcs on the site thank you

re- the event a lot changed only 24 hours before as the parking ect was 1 field until a fence arrived also that meant traffic changes,, thers 2 police involved here southyorkshire for outside and derbyshire for inside, also police do a good job ,

If it's one of those events where the police, stewards, organisers etc are not bothered about the drug usage, then I'm glad I couldn't make it this time. It's not the kind of event that I would want to bring the grandchildren if that's what is allowed. I'll give it a miss. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bassett one said:

please note derbyshire police on s&ite from 1pm they are based at clay cross and if you ring them they will confirm, i personally spoke to them at 4pm and they were happy, but its a huge event and re-cannabis this often goes with reggae and police tend to keep a low profile , but ring them, if you wish or pm me for the the pcs on the site thank you

Sounds a bit two-tier 

Security is  stricter at tramlines confiscate and kick out policy 

• Like 3