Parsons Cross Unsafe Staircase

1 hour ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

not what I said, I said looked a simple fix then carpet, you should read more. most stairs will look like hers when the carpets are lifted,  

i've done dozens over the years, mainly loft stairs that have dropped way worse condition than what's pictured, the fact that it's obviously had temporary repairs and those brackets are in place, means it's probably not deemed unsafe now, and rather was unsafe before being fitted. 

most carpet fitters will have seen worse, my last staircase job ( Nov. ) was from a referral from a fitter where the carpet was only thing holding the stairs to the loft up.

Aye, but I wasn’t replying to you and didn’t disagree with what you said.   I was replying to the person that said it was due to tenant negligence and all it needed was a good clean and a lick of paint.

1 hour ago, gaz678 said:

Has she got a partner has she got children? If she has a serious medical condition she should be in a bungalow no stairs compact and easy to clean and get home help not living in squalor probly unemployed as well getting more in benefit than I earn so stop defending her and go round and mend her stairs 😉 

No idea.  It’s a council property and they are responsible for repairs to an unsafe staircase.  It’s not a cosmetic problem, they are unsafe. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gaz678 said:

Just had a good look at the photos the damage has not happened overnight the house looks in disrepair through  negligence by the Tennant a lick of paint and a good clean now and then would have helped prevent it the house must have been OK when she got it .

That poor lady! As well as having to risk injury on that unsafe staircase every day, people are passing judgment about it being her fault.  It’s the council’s fault!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1