It's Easter So Are You Having A Hot Tick Bun ?

5 hours ago, hauxwell said:

No hot tick buns for me but last week Asda reduced their hot cross buns from their bakery to 40p a packed. I bought two packers and put some in the freezer.  They taste nice to.

Same with Lidl last night.  I might even have been pursuaded even if they were hot tick (well cold tick really) but I would have "crossed" out the tick and put my own cross on them.

11 hours ago, carosio said:

Same with Lidl last night.  I might even have been pursuaded even if they were hot tick (well cold tick really) but I would have "crossed" out the tick and put my own cross on them.

I thought that was funny. 

I can't believe this has got to 6 pages and nobody seems to have seen the whole story.

Iceland are not replacing Hot Cross Buns, they are releasing Hot Tick buns in addition to the traditional Hot Cross buns.

Don't like the ticks? Don't buy them... if you get angry over a bun you need to take a step back and see what's wrong with your life 😂

45 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I can't believe this has got to 6 pages and nobody seems to have seen the whole story.

Iceland are not replacing Hot Cross Buns, they are releasing Hot Tick buns in addition to the traditional Hot Cross buns.

Don't like the ticks? Don't buy them... if you get angry over a bun you need to take a step back and see what's wrong with your life 😂

Excuse me, I said ages ago it was a made up story and couldn't believe it had got so many pages on here 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Excuse me, I said ages ago it was a made up story and couldn't believe it had got so many pages on here 😂😂😂

Nobody listens though... got to join in with the outrage! 😂

On 01/04/2024 at 10:20, Pyrotequila said:

So what do you think the point of the hot tick bun is?

What i got from the story is that it's making a bit of fun of Christianity and the meaning behind the hot cross bun.

7 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

So what do you think the point of the hot tick bun is?

What i got from the story is that it's making a bit of fun of Christianity and the meaning behind the hot cross bun.

I think they were wanting to give people options.

I'm not Christian but I'd eat a cross or tick bun, or one with nothing on top... I don't care what's on top of it, just that it tastes nice 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

I think they were wanting to give people options.

I'm not Christian but I'd eat a cross or tick bun, or one with nothing on top... I don't care what's on top of it, just that it tastes nice 🤷‍♂️

Options for what, though? How is a bun offensive??