Hundreds Of Yobs Storm Shopping Centre

3 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Maybe. I can’t say personally because my parents were good honest working class folks.

I certainly think that there are more dysfunctional families nowadays and the emphasis has switched from what it used to be to be more focused on materialism and self.

echo.

Can you date when good honest working class folk turned to materialism and self echo?

27 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Yeah of course they're real. There are at least two schools in Sheffield - Murcia academy and Astrea academy - with those rules. Silent corridors in particular are relatively common, meaning there is a lot of debate about them among teachers, such as here https://www.reddit.com/r/TeachingUK/comments/17z4hfj/silent_corridors/

Not very widespread then . 

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It's pretty obvious that 'Zach Clay' is the banned Jack Grey, who talks no sense whatever at any time, so you're wasting your time. My sister lives in London and has plenty of nice things, it's a great place to live (if you have money).

No idea who Zach Clay is, though I do have my suspicions.
The screenshots in the answer were to save other forum readers being mislead by comments such as the one I quoted, as well as stuff about Kahn's London etc.
Personally I've never felt unsafe there, whether visiting as a tourist, or working; though the latter hasn't been for a good few years.

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not very widespread then . 

I don't know how widespread - they're not fringe policies though. And my point to the daddy was that there was never owt like this when I was at school, so the idea that schools have abandoned rules and discipline is clearly rubbish.

Just now, Delbow said:

I don't know how widespread - they're not fringe policies though. And my point to the daddy was that there was never owt like this when I was at school, so the idea that schools have abandoned rules and discipline is clearly rubbish.

Schools have rules, yes.

However in my experience these rules are rarely implemented properly as some schools just prefer an easy life. Trouble causers still cause trouble. Bullys still bully. Nothing of substance is done in my experience and the good kids get dragged down by the feral ones.

Interesting to note though that when my daughter was being bullied nothing was done until she eventually dropped one of them. Suddenly the school didn't like violence despite all the violence committed against my daughter. Violence which was reported Many times.  Mind you I was a respectful and responsible parent who wanted to work with the school. I'm not one of those thuggish Neanderthal parents who schools seem to fear. 

Funny that.

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Schools have rules, yes.

However in my experience these rules are rarely implemented properly as some schools just prefer an easy life. Trouble causers still cause trouble. Bullys still bully. Nothing of substance is done in my experience and the good kids get dragged down by the feral ones.

Interesting to note though that when my daughter was being bullied nothing was done until she eventually dropped one of them. Suddenly the school didn't like violence despite all the violence committed against my daughter. Violence which was reported Many times.  Mind you I was a respectful and responsible parent who wanted to work with the school. I'm not one of those thuggish Neanderthal parents who schools seem to fear. 

Funny that.

It varies. It's horrible that your daughter was bullied and the school didn't do enough to stop it. My friend's kid was being bullied recently and the school were really good and it's stopped. So it varies.

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It varies. It's horrible that your daughter was bullied and the school didn't do enough to stop it. My friend's kid was being bullied recently and the school were really good and it's stopped. So it varies.

I agree it can vary and I'm happy your friend had a more positive experience and outcome 👍

35 minutes ago, peak4 said:

No idea who Zach Clay is, though I do have my suspicions.
The screenshots in the answer were to save other forum readers being mislead by comments such as the one I quoted, as well as stuff about Kahn's London etc.
Personally I've never felt unsafe there, whether visiting as a tourist, or working; though the latter hasn't been for a good few years.

I was just giving my opinion of something that a friend who lives in London said to me.

Im sorry if it upsets some people on here

Maybe they shouldn't come onto a public forum of they are so easily riled up by others opinions

Or they should put their big boy/girl/they pants on 

2 minutes ago, Zach Clay said:

I was just giving my opinion of something that a friend who lives in London said to me.

Im sorry if it upsets some people on here

Maybe they shouldn't come onto a public forum of they are so easily riled up by others opinions

Or they should put their big boy/girl/they pants on 

It doesn’t upset me, I find you hilarious. Zach Clay 🤣 You could have been more inventive.