1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Oh crikey. 

He's removed his belt. 

Hackey's stripping off ladies. 

For an orderly queue 😁

Damn it..

FORM an orderly queue. 

Boy we need that edit function back 🤣

Outdoor furniture thrown and 18  and 16 year old brandishing an axe in Sheffield town centre bailed and out the same day.

again I can’t post a link but it’s in the Star.

AXE BRANDISHED AND FURNITURE THROWN DURING SHEFFIELD CITY CENTRE BRAWL
Two teenagers, aged 16 and 18, have been arrested following the incident.
A heavier police presence will be in place in a busy area of Sheffield city centre over the coming days, following a brawl in which outdoor furniture was reportedly thrown and a person was seen to be in possession of an axe.
Police were called out to the incident on The Moor, Sheffield city centre at 5.13pm on Wednesday, March 27, 2024.

I sometimes despair, I really do...

I was chatting with a young person and asked them why some young people do this sort of thing including vandalism and graffitti. He said it was because they 'were so angry.' I asked him why, and he said 'because the World's ****ed up.'

I have no idea whether this is true or not, 

Personally I think it's probably a lot more complicated than that. From the top down there doesn't seem to be many satisfactory role models that command respect these days, from the top downwards. People also seem to have very low expectations of kids . Parents, teachers etc seem to have lost control. 

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I sometimes despair, I really do...

I was chatting with a young person and asked them why some young people do this sort of thing including vandalism and graffitti. He said it was because they 'were so angry.' I asked him why, and he said 'because the World's ****ed up.'

I have no idea whether this is true or not, 

Personally I think it's probably a lot more complicated than that. From the top down there doesn't seem to be many satisfactory role models that command respect these days, from the top downwards. People also seem to have very low expectations of kids . Parents, teachers etc seem to have lost control

My bold.

Yes, teachers seem to be more concerned with pronouns, trans rights and not hurting feelings than discipline and Education. 

Water cannon,  their schools should be informed,  school uniform on - they must be thick.  I expect they were carrying their phones,  should be confiscated at least for a few weeks.

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

Yes, teachers seem to be more concerned with pronouns, trans rights and not hurting feelings than discipline and Education. 

Schools are far more about rules and discipline now than they were when I went to school.

• Like 1

The problem is that kids this age are untouchable; the only person who'll get prosecuted will be the security guard who tackled one of them and he'll end up on some register or other. National Service and corporal punishment made this a disciplined society but they've been abolished so we've become a yob society with no discipline in homes, schools or society in general with mob rule becoming the norm.

4 minutes ago, despritdan said:

The problem is that kids this age are untouchable; the only person who'll get prosecuted will be the security guard who tackled one of them and he'll end up on some register or other. National Service and corporal punishment made this a disciplined society but they've been abolished so we've become a yob society with no discipline in homes, schools or society in general with mob rule becoming the norm.

What an absolute cavalcade of bobbar!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Schools are far more about rules and discipline now than they were when I went to school.

I disagree. When my daughter was at school 3 years ago the lack of strong leadership, discipline etc was glaringly obvious. Good kids were at the mercy of the bad kids and the staff didn't give a hoot.