Hundreds Of Yobs Storm Shopping Centre

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

I sometimes despair, I really do...

I was chatting with a young person and asked them why some young people do this sort of thing including vandalism and graffitti. He said it was because they 'were so angry.' I asked him why, and he said 'because the World's ****ed up.'

I have no idea whether this is true or not, 

Personally I think it's probably a lot more complicated than that. From the top down there doesn't seem to be many satisfactory role models that command respect these days, from the top downwards. People also seem to have very low expectations of kids . Parents, teachers etc seem to have lost control. 

Much of the bad behaviour stems from very poor or non existent parenting.

Youngsters tend to follow how there parents think and behave and there are too many one parent families now where it must be a real struggle for the adult.

Teachers who try to discipline bad behaviour are often not backed up by either the management or the parents.

Society has let power move from  teachers/adults to the pupils/youngsters and now we’re seeing the end result.

Punishment is almost non existent also.

When I got caned at school (not saying that I agree with corporal punishment) I certainly wouldn’t go home whinging to my parents for fear of getting told off again.

The kids nowadays emphasise their rights but forget their responsibilities.

echo.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I said you’d be saying the same thing 60 years ago, you silly sausage.

Typo. Answer the question please. 

You said I'd say the same thing.

I said I wouldn't. 

And stop with the name calling or I'll simply report your post. 

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Are those rules real and widespread ?

Yeah of course they're real. There are at least two schools in Sheffield - Murcia academy and Astrea academy - with those rules. Silent corridors in particular are relatively common, meaning there is a lot of debate about them among teachers, such as here https://www.reddit.com/r/TeachingUK/comments/17z4hfj/silent_corridors/

1 minute ago, echo beach said:

Much of the bad behaviour stems from very poor or non existent parenting.

Youngsters tend to follow how there parents think and behave and there are too many one parent families now where it must be a real struggle for the adult.

Teachers who try to discipline bad behaviour are often not backed up by either the management or the parents.

Society has let power move from  teachers/adults to the pupils/youngsters and now we’re seeing the end result.

Punishment is almost non existent also.

When I got caned at school (not saying that I agree with corporal punishment) I certainly wouldn’t go home whinging to my parents for fear of getting told off again.

The kids nowadays emphasise their rights but forget their responsibilities.

echo.

Did that happen due to poor parenting?

5 minutes ago, Zach Clay said:

Yes i know

I thought we were talking about the state of the UK and its lawless streets

You quoted the OP, which was a cut and paste of an article about an incident in Milton Keynes, and started your post with a comment about London - it was a total non sequitur.

6 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Did that happen due to poor parenting?

Maybe. I can’t say personally because my parents were good honest working class folks.

I certainly think that there are more dysfunctional families nowadays and the emphasis has switched from what it used to be to be more focused on materialism and self.

echo.

38 minutes ago, Zach Clay said:

Its not called "Lawless London" for no reason.

My friend lives in London and he said you just cant have nice things anymore....which defeats the object of living in London.

Cant wear any expensive clothes, nice watch.....cant have a nice car.

A lot or people with money are moving to Manchester now....yes it has its crime but nothing compared to London

If your friend hasn't committed yet, perhaps he should read up on crime rates.
The Met area crime stats consistently score as slightly safer than Manchester, though that of course may not fit with everyone's agenda
For the second chart 

Crime Index is an estimation of the overall level of crime in a given city or country.

We consider crime levels lower than 20 as very low, crime levels between 20 and 40 as low, crime levels between 40 and 60 as moderate, crime levels between 60 and 80 as high, and crime levels higher than 80 as very high.

Safety index is, on the other way, quite the opposite of the crime index. If the city has a high safety index, it is considered very safe.

london crime shrunk.jpg

london crime2  shrunk.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peak4 said:

If your friend hasn't committed yet, perhaps he should read up on crime rates.
The Met area crime stats consistently score as slightly safer than Manchester, though that of course may not fit with everyone's agenda
For the second chart 

Crime Index is an estimation of the overall level of crime in a given city or country.

We consider crime levels lower than 20 as very low, crime levels between 20 and 40 as low, crime levels between 40 and 60 as moderate, crime levels between 60 and 80 as high, and crime levels higher than 80 as very high.

Safety index is, on the other way, quite the opposite of the crime index. If the city has a high safety index, it is considered very safe.

london crime shrunk.jpg

london crime2  shrunk.jpg

It's pretty obvious that 'Zach Clay' is the banned Jack Grey, who talks no sense whatever at any time, so you're wasting your time. My sister lives in London and has plenty of nice things, it's a great place to live (if you have money).