Blood Pressure Check

I am the same.

I ended up buying g myself a blood pressure monitor to do at home. As mentioned above, there are plenty of options.

Personally, I went for a slightly more expensive one in buying a Withings BPM Connect machine — it connects via Bluetooth/wifi to my phone and therefore to the Health app I use for lots of other diagnostic stuff and tracking medication so everything is in one place, but that is just me, I want to ensure I have everything together and can track it myself.

I use it twice a day, and it is set to do three readings a minute apart each to take the average so I can relax and get a proper reading.

Hopefully this helps (if you don’t get a tech version like me, please do get a manual self-monitoring version) and I wish you well and all the best with your health. 👍

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

Don’t forget that even if you have a blood pressure monitor at home, your blood pressure can give different readings in one day.

Mine gives different readings in a matter of minutes. 

I usually take three readings at a time. The first one is usually much higher than the other two. My GP told me to use the lowest reading. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I usually take three readings at a time. The first one is usually much higher than the other two. My GP told me to use the lowest reading. 

I think you’re supposed to sit in a bubble my doc said don’t take it when you’ve had coffee if that’s for caffeine I think tea is as bad don’t smoke don’t talk to anyone don’t look at tv don’t take it right after eating don’t look at your tablet.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

I think you’re supposed to sit in a bubble my doc said don’t take it when you’ve had coffee if that’s for caffeine I think tea is as bad don’t smoke don’t talk to anyone don’t look at tv don’t take it right after eating don’t look at your tablet.

Is that your blood pressure tablet?😄

echo.

• Haha 2

I've never heard of white coat syndrome until now. But I do hate waiting in Doctors surgery's having to wait to be called in.

I googled a few breathing exercises a few years ago for stress and I have found them helpful. Its best if you can  practice them tho.
I try to clear my mind and just concentrate on how I am breathing while waiting to have my blood pressure checked, giving a blood sample or just waiting to see a doctor or nurse to discuss your symptoms.

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

Correct

Hypnosis might help for some phobias. I know a few who say it helped them, not for white coat syndrome, and also some who say it's a waste of money. Its a bit of a mystery to me how it works tho.