Communal Heating With H/A, How Do I Switch

As above, i am in a HA block, with communal heating, i am with Switch2, they have been appalling: you have to wait over an hr to speak to them

(i need to instead of mail, etc) then get cut off. They say they' are in high demand' at moment(always are) and only ring in an emergency, (well get more staff then!)

The 'smart' meter stopped working as well, and they spent months arguing with HA who was reponsiible, I kept saying my bills are too low(estimates)

and yes when it worked, i got a huge bill which i am challenging(Octopus did this and i got compensation)

So, i am asking how do you switch in communal heating or am i stuck with above, and then just take it up with HA

You can't switch if you're on a communal heating supply.

Usually there's only 1 direct supply from the mains to the block, the relationship for the supply is with the landlord and the energy provider they choose. 

The landlord then engages with a company like switch2 to provide individual metering and either regular bills or prepayment meters for the tenants in each flat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCM1 said:

As above, i am in a HA block, with communal heating, i am with Switch2, i got a huge bill which i am challenging(Octopus did this and i got compensation)

So, i am asking how do you switch in communal heating or am i stuck with above, and then just take it up with HA

Are Switch2 and Octopus different providers?

https://switch2.co.uk/products-services/metering-billing/