Birmingham Teacher Who Called 'Westernised Girls Lunatics' Is Sacked For .

....Undermining British Values.

Aqib Khan showed a pupil a topless photo of himself and said Westernised girls were "lunatics", a panel heard

A teacher has been banned from teaching after expressing 'inappropriate religious views', calling Westernised girls 'lunatics' and showing a topless image of himself. Aqib Khan worked as an English teacher at Harborne Academy from December 2020 to March 2023 and also ran an after school club

A panel of the Teaching Regulation Agency found that the 30-year-old made a series of unacceptable comments on a Microsoft Teams group in which he failed to maintain professional boundaries with pupil(s), discussed dating and how to “get girls” and showed a student a topless photo where he was flexing his muscles.

It was claimed he also remarked about Islam taking over. He said that "by 2050 the whole of UK, France and Germany will look like Birmingham", "the number of Muslims went up 44% in 10 years. Everyone else is falling or growing at a snail’s pace."

Sounds like a wrongun so I'm very pleased he's been fired. 

Your thoughts?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-teacher-who-called-westernised-28923532

43 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Aqib Khan showed a pupil a topless photo of himself and said Westernised girls were "lunatics", a panel heard

A teacher has been banned from teaching after expressing 'inappropriate religious views', calling Westernised girls 'lunatics' and showing a topless image of himself. Aqib Khan worked as an English teacher at Harborne Academy from December 2020 to March 2023 and also ran an after school club

A panel of the Teaching Regulation Agency found that the 30-year-old made a series of unacceptable comments on a Microsoft Teams group in which he failed to maintain professional boundaries with pupil(s), discussed dating and how to “get girls” and showed a student a topless photo where he was flexing his muscles.

It was claimed he also remarked about Islam taking over. He said that "by 2050 the whole of UK, France and Germany will look like Birmingham", "the number of Muslims went up 44% in 10 years. Everyone else is falling or growing at a snail’s pace."

Your thoughts?

It does depend on the context. Schools are meant to teach various religous views.

I do think some Westernised girls have very stange views, I am told they go online and take their clothes off for money.

I do respect ladies that are more modest and cover up.

I think the full article is worth a read here, and the full 'British Values' quote:

"An investigation found that Mr Khan had not shown tolerance of and respect for the rights of others, and undermined "fundamental British values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with, different faiths and beliefs."

Reading through the full thing he was inappropriate on a number of levels.

7 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Makes you wonder how he was selected in the first place for teacher training in this country, assuming he was trained here.

echo.

Given his comment that "westernised girls are lunatics" it does does make you you wonder if he was trained as a teacher here.

19 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Makes you wonder how he was selected in the first place for teacher training in this country, assuming he was trained here.

echo.

Diversity and inclusion quotas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Your thoughts?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-teacher-who-called-westernised-28923532

Should be deported.