Looking For A 2nd Had Car In Sheffield Under £700

2 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

It’s a good idea and convenient but the car sales would not offer any guarantee on the car so going to auction I think would be a better idea either cheaper or similar price but a newer reg plate or both it’s a gamble either way.

No guarantee buying private, auction houses do accept pre auction inspection, at the posters price some chances would be expected.

1 hour ago, *Wallace* said:

It’s a good idea and convenient but the car sales would not offer any guarantee on the car so going to auction I think would be a better idea either cheaper or similar price but a newer reg plate or both it’s a gamble either way.

A business can't sell a car without guarantee (of sorts), so they can't do you a cheap deal on a snotter out back.

That's why stuff goes to Auction.

10 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

All together now, sing along

& the actuators connected to the.....no, me neither

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Wish I had one Mr. P. would be worth a lot of dosh.

A chap round the corner from me bought one last year from the USA.

Been working on it to bring it up to roadworthy condition and I’ve seen it on the road.

Another resident, who I call Toad of Toad Hall, has a collection of vintage motors. He looks like a character from Wind in the Willows when he drives passed wearing his deer stalker hat.😃

echo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

Whatever the law says good luck taking it back for a refund.

You just sue them, no leg to stand on. 

A small dealer might pull a Phoenix move, but a large car supermarket can't, which is why they won't sell you something cheap out back.

How much to sue them for a 700 quid car ? Citizens advice will help but they are so busy your average used car dealer will just jerk you around until you get fed up or if after many many months and court cases you manage to get a bailiff to turn up to Car World run by John Smith they will find out it's Cars World run by Jim Smith now. Where's the OP of this thread anyway ?