A Life Time Reading The Sports Page

First ,   That’s what I have done since being 15  years old , First it was  the Sheffield morning Telegraph followed by the Star ,  I without fail read the back page first ,  It was compulsory to see the latest on the Owls ,United , Rotherham and Barnsley.

This week I have realised I no longer bother,  It’s  not worth the doom and gloom . The excuses from managers , players and so on , it’s dismal, it’s depressing. 

The  national press is obsessed with the big six so that’s a waste of time as well .

Might as well take the dog out .

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

First ,   That’s what I have done since being 15  years old , First it was  the Sheffield morning Telegraph followed by the Star ,  I without fail read the back page first ,  It was compulsory to see the latest on the Owls ,United , Rotherham and Barnsley.

This week I have realised I no longer bother,  It’s  not worth the doom and gloom . The excuses from managers , players and so on , it’s dismal, it’s depressing. 

The  national press is obsessed with the big six so that’s a waste of time as well .

Might as well take the dog out .

Oh cum on Cuttsie, you've missed out the "Green Un"

Saturday night cueing outside the newsagent for the "Green Un" to be delivered.

What a paper that was, even got a mention in it when playing for Atlas-n-Norfolk.

• Like 1

It must be a very recent realisation.

On 22/02/2024 at 13:43, cuttsie said:

Star page 11 to day

On 19/02/2024 at 11:54, cuttsie said:

At the Lane ,   I mean Kaoru  Mitoma  nearly had his leg ripped off due to a  tackle that was over the top , The offending player was then red carded .

So  what happens next , The ever so friendly home supporters boo and jeer Mitoma every time he makes just one more of his amazing dribbles ,

They ,The friendly club mob are upset it seems because one of their own has been sent of for attempting a leg breaker .

The manager of said friendly club says in this mornings Star that these tackles are unfortunate these days and it is not the kind of football he his used to as he likes it blood and thunder stuff .

Booing a bloke who was the receiver of the tackle instead of the offender who did it is very very very strange behavior for the family club .

They should show fairness and compassion as a example to the little kids in attendance who are influenced by  this attitude .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Us bikers never had the problem.

Only time we'd see a sports page would be those our Fish 'n' chips had come in at the coast 😀.

Fond memories of my Bonneyville , Matchless G9 ,  Ariel Arrow , and last one my Honda  CB 750   But still read the sports pages ,

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Us bikers never had the problem.

Only time we'd see a sports page would be those our Fish 'n' chips had come in at the coast 😀.

I've got a 21 year old Dragstar cruiser, a 26 year old Audi Quatro and a mountain bike but always find tome to keep up with the sports news.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

I've got a 21 year old Dragstar cruiser, a 26 year old Audi Quatro and a mountain bike but always find tome to keep up with the sports news.

I have two Monzas, 1 senator, and a 30 yrs old Talbot Express motorhome and I too like to keep up with the sports news 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Loved the 80s Quatro. That was my dream car as a kid.

1 hour ago, monzaman said:

I have two Monzas, 1 senator, and a 30 yrs old Talbot Express motorhome and I too like to keep up with the sports news 👍

Any time you want to lend me the Senator while your reading the paper give us a shout :thumbsup:.

Love the things 8)

• Like 1

Oh, for the record, I’ve currently got a 2022 Audi A5, a Raleigh Grifter, and a much used & much loved 1980s Alley Cat skateboard (original rubber wheels, super fast, none of that plastic guff).

Whilst I still mourn the demise of The Green Un, I still make the effort to read the sports pages now and again.

• Like 2