A Life Time Reading The Sports Page

20 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

Oh, for the record, I’ve currently got a 2022 Audi A5, a Raleigh Grifter, and a much used & much loved 1980s Alley Cat skateboard (original rubber wheels, super fast, none of that plastic guff).

Whilst I still mourn the demise of The Green Un, I still make the effort to read the sports pages now and again.

Woopie …..I’ve also got a nice car,a lovely bike & a fantastic property…but it has no real relevance to Sheffield Football…🙄

10 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Woopie …..I’ve also got a nice car,a lovely bike & a fantastic property…but it has no real relevance to Sheffield Football…🙄

Do you still read the sports pages?.

• Like 2

On 06/04/2024 at 17:45, Sheridan1-0 said:

How come you choose to single out my post regarding vehicles?

You might like to re-read post 5 where this particular thread was steered towards matters of a vehicular nature.

I was merely joining in something cuttsie started.

Maybe you should aim your annoyance at the non-relevance to Sheffield football at him, eh?

On 04/04/2024 at 12:04, cuttsie said:

First ,   That’s what I have done since being 15  years old , First it was  the Sheffield morning Telegraph followed by the Star ,  I without fail read the back page first ,  It was compulsory to see the latest on the Owls ,United , Rotherham and Barnsley.

This week I have realised I no longer bother,  It’s  not worth the doom and gloom . The excuses from managers , players and so on , it’s dismal, it’s depressing. 

The  national press is obsessed with the big six so that’s a waste of time as well .

Might as well take the dog out .

That hasn't half jogged my memory. Born 1955 in a pit village near Doncaster, As soon as I learned to read beyond the basic "fat cat sat on the mat" I used to devour the sports pages - well, football and cricket and a bit of boxing.. From about 1964 to 68 I reckon I could name the first choice starting 11 of nearly all the Div 1 teams and the county cricket sides  - plus the tourists. Sheffield Telegraph Monday to Saturday, think it was News of the World or People of a Sunday.

Now living in France still follow the results and reports on line from the BBC, Independent & Guardian.

One of my most treasured possessions is a Green 'Un from 1968 when the Owls beat Man Utd (then European Champs) 5 -4.

Thanks for the post Cuttsie  :thumbsup:

On 07/04/2024 at 21:12, PapaLazarou said:

How come you choose to single out my post regarding vehicles?

You might like to re-read post 5 where this particular thread was steered towards matters of a vehicular nature.

I was merely joining in something cuttsie started.

Maybe you should aim your annoyance at the non-relevance to Sheffield football at him, eh?

Don’t take it personally….yours was just the last post at the time ..hence my reply to you ..😂

1 hour ago, Padders said:

First thing you looked for back in the sixties was:

"How many has Boycott Got"

Round our end, it was how many did Wednesday win by?

It WAS the sixties. 🙂

We had a pretty consistent team back then.

• Like 1