Yew Lane Idiot Boy Racers

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye58 said:

Think it's about time for a speed camera, before someone gets hurt. 

You assume that the police actually care? That would mean doing work.

Over the past few years I've submitted so many reports to the police with clear evidence in photos and videos and sod all has been done, the  scum are still at it.

• Like 1

If the police aren't interested you need to start complaining to the local councillors and the police commissioner.

Have them take your concerns to the Police, it usually gets a better response.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mindbending said:

Police are under resourced but agree

Not a good enough excuse is it though?

Almost everyone, from public to private seems to be under-resourced. But you make it work through what's called working harder. And most don't have option to increase their salary by 50% either through choice overtime. 

Sick of hearing this excuse for all their failings. 

On 05/04/2024 at 01:43, Pyrotequila said:

You assume that the police actually care? That would mean doing work.

Over the past few years I've submitted so many reports to the police with clear evidence in photos and videos and sod all has been done, the  scum are still at it.

The police much prefer to deal with the aftermath than with prevention 

20 hours ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

Maybe stay away from yew lane?

So the local residents should ignore the dangerous and illegal acts of the idiots?

Do you seriously advocate moving house or not visiting relatives and friends living in the area?

Why would you want to give the selfish, ignorant individuals a clear run to break the law in a residential area, the 30 mph limit is there for a reason?

Anyone slightly less nimble, pushing a pram or with small children must dread crossing the road, there are long stretches without islands, therefore you are faced with two lanes to negotiate!

• Like 3

Whilst I appreciate the frustration some may have, I don't understand what more people expect the police to be doing. 

The road already has several speed humps along it. I have seen periodic monitoring by the mobile speed camera van on there and with exception of the very lower part near ecclesfield, most of the houses are actually offset on a separate road away from the main carriageway so hardly in any direct and immediate danger. 

Regardless of any arguments on funding and  resourcing it's naive to think that police can be sat there 24/7 and also getting placement of a permanent speed camera has to meet a very high threshold from the highways authority based on actual accident statistics.

• Like 1