Yew Lane Idiot Boy Racers

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Whilst I appreciate the frustration some may have, I don't understand what more people expect the police to be doing. 

The road already has several speed humps along it. I have seen periodic monitoring by the mobile speed camera van on there and with exception of the very lower part near ecclesfield, most of the houses are actually offset on a separate road away from the main carriageway so hardly in any direct and immediate danger. 

Regardless of any arguments on funding and  resourcing it's naive to think that police can be sat there 24/7 and also getting placement of a permanent speed camera has to meet a very high threshold from the highways authority based on actual accident statistics.

You appear to be wilfully misunderstanding the problem!

At no point has anyone mentioned any danger to houses, the none driving residents who have to cross the road are endangered by the excessive speed of the ignorant drivers.

No-one has suggested a police presence, automatic cameras are frequently deployed, they record the speeding cars, take a photo, and allow the police to concentrate on offenders. They also deter potential offenders who ignore the speed limit signs but spot the camera.

I find the idea that we have to wait for people to get injured before action is taken offensive.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye58 said:

You appear to be wilfully misunderstanding the problem!

At no point has anyone mentioned any danger to houses, the none driving residents who have to cross the road are endangered by the excessive speed of the ignorant drivers.

No-one has suggested a police presence, automatic cameras are frequently deployed, they record the speeding cars, take a photo, and allow the police to concentrate on offenders. They also deter potential offenders who ignore the speed limit signs but spot the camera.

I find the idea that we have to wait for people to get injured before action is taken offensive.   

I fully understand the problem. If you read my post again you will see how I fully explain why you can't just plonk a camera there permanently. It's not that simple.  

BTW posts #2,3,4,5,8 all seem to be hinted towards the police and their supposed inactivity.

6 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I fully understand the problem. If you read my post again you will see how I fully explain why you can't just plonk a camera there permanently. It's not that simple.  

BTW posts #2,3,4,5,8 all seem to be hinted towards the police and their supposed inactivity.

I would settle for a temporary camera, it would hopefully alert the offenders and cost them some money! I didn't mention a permanent installation.

I cannot answer for the posts apparently hinting at police inactivity, I did not make them. Perhaps you can reply to the posters who made the suggestions!

59 minutes ago, Hawkeye58 said:

I would settle for a temporary camera, it would hopefully alert the offenders and cost them some money! I didn't mention a permanent installation.

I cannot answer for the posts apparently hinting at police inactivity, I did not make them. Perhaps you can reply to the posters who made the suggestions!

Firstly, my reply was an open reply it didn't specify you or any other particular poster, it was just responding to the thread - that's how it works. 

Secondly, as I have already mentioned, there is 'temporary camera' provision. The police speed camera unit attends that site multiple times. In fact, the latest listings show they will be doing so again this very month. 

I don't know what else you want. I have told you any other sort of fixed camera (even for a limited period) must satisfy specific thresholds set by the highways authority before it can be installed.

Sorry to disappoint but that's the reality. 

Just seen idiots at it again, one each way after a pause so possibly the same one! 

Must have been doing 50 at least, someone must know who they they are, have a word before they kill someone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye58 said:

Just seen idiots at it again, one each way after a pause so possibly the same one! 

Must have been doing 50 at least, someone must know who they they are, have a word before they kill someone.

Had them racing along our road today, yesterday and Friday.

Getting absolutely sick of it.

• Like 1

On 04/04/2024 at 19:43, Pyrotequila said:

You assume that the police actually care? That would mean doing work.

Over the past few years I've submitted so many reports to the police with clear evidence in photos and videos and sod all has been done, the  scum are still at it.

Upload the footage to this portal and the police should prosecute=

https://nextbase.co.uk/national-dash-cam-safety-portal/

• Like 1