Beighton Wetherspoons

4 minutes ago, geared said:

Has the food gone downhill recently?

Had a burger in a Wetherspoons a few weeks ago, it wasn't bad but it was definitely no where near as good as they used to be.

I read in their latest news magazine that the burgers are hand prepared and freshly fried in each kitchen. This contradicts the re-heat methods that the young chap on TIK TOK showed us a few years ago. Perhaps the recipe has changed. The burgers look tiny to me and you only get around 10 chips. If I'm eating out, I'd rather go to an independent pub and pay £15 for a meal and feel full up but obviously Wetherspon bars are convenient and more affordably priced and there are more of them. 

39 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's just as rowdy as The Banker's Draft & Penny Black in there. Sadly someone was stabbed to death in the next pub along (Gypsy Queen) a few years ago. There are some decent and respectable people in the Beighton area but also a lot of rough riff raff. Areas like Parson Cross etc unfairly get a bad rap when areas like Beighton and Westfield are just as bad if not worse. Also not everyone in the pub will be from the area, God gave us 2 legs for a reason but yes I agree with you there are some rough people that drink in there. I have found the staff to be a mixture in there, some are polite and pleasant and some just grunt at you. It needs more bench seating too I think. I can't sit on stand alone chairs for too long as I find it uncomfortable. 

The Drakehouse Mill up the road is quite a nice pub, apart from the kids TV channels playing in every corner that make it feel like a creche.

Drakehouse Mill could never be described as a pub . It’s an out and out eating house .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smithy266 said:

we meet a couple of friends here for lunch sometimes, no problems at lunchtimes...a busy place..

“ busy place “ . I think it must be one of the busiest Wetherspoons places in the country.

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's just as rowdy as The Banker's Draft & Penny Black in there. Sadly someone was stabbed to death in the next pub along (Gypsy Queen) a few years ago. There are some decent and respectable people in the Beighton area but also a lot of rough riff raff. Areas like Parson Cross etc unfairly get a bad rap when areas like Beighton and Westfield are just as bad if not worse. Also not everyone in the pub will be from the area, God gave us 2 legs for a reason but yes I agree with you there are some rough people that drink in there. I have found the staff to be a mixture in there, some are polite and pleasant and some just grunt at you. It needs more bench seating too I think. I can't sit on stand alone chairs for too long as I find it uncomfortable. 

The Drakehouse Mill up the road is quite a nice pub, apart from the kids TV channels playing in every corner that make it feel like a creche.

That post is the biggest load of rubbish I've seen on here for a long time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

Thank you for your wonderful input. 🙄

At least it's the truth.

For example in January 2024 , 184 violent crime incidents in Parsons Cross compared to 48 in Beighton but you say Beighton is as pad inf not worse.

3 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

At least it's the truth.

For example in January 2024 , 184 violent crime incidents in Parsons Cross compared to 48 in Beighton but you say Beighton is as pad inf not worse.

Parson Cross is larger and more densely populated than Beighton. Not all crimes are reported either. Not everyone who lives in Beighton will be undesirable, as I said there are some good people there but also a lot of scumbags and I've seen more gangs hanging round the shops on there up to no good than I have on Parson Cross etc. The local school, Westfield has a massive problem with bullying too, there was a school teacher posting on here last year about the problems that go off on the school field and looking for advice/input. No one from Chaucer or Yewland's has come on here with concerns.

10 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

No one from Chaucer or Yewland's has come on here with concerns

Probably not literate enough to understand the sign up page....