Breakdown Cover . And Renewal

1 hour ago, charliewag said:

I've been with Startrescue for a number of years and because I've never had to use their services I got a small discount. I renewed last month and my premium went from £49 to £61 because my car is now 10 years old and is now more likely to break down.

That’s about right charliewag. Although I’m not absolutely positive on this I believe that when your car hits 10 years old then Green Flag won’t cover you anymore.

1 minute ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

That’s about right charliewag. Although I’m not absolutely positive on this I believe that when your car hits 10 years old then Green Flag won’t cover you anymore.

Just renewed my car with Green Flag last year and it’s over 10 years old.

I renewed with Greenflag last year. I didn’t have breakdown cover for a few years before then which was silly especially driving back and forwards from Newcastle to Sheffield. 

I was with the AA a number of years ago when I lived in Sheffield, I had to call the AA for assistance after my car broke down in the early hours of the morning, they asked me are you a lady on your own, which I replied yes, they were there in less than an hour. I’m curious if they still ask the same question. I did find the AA very good when I was with them but they are not the cheapest breakdown service.

15 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Just renewed my car with Green Flag last year and it’s over 10 years old.

Fairy nuff. I stand corrected. Slaps wrist. But do yourself a favour and have a look at Startrescue next time. You might save a shilling or two.

8 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Fairy nuff. I stand corrected. Slaps wrist. But do yourself a favour and have a look at Startrescue next time. You might save a shilling or two.

Yes I definitely will look at Startrescue when renewal is due.  

• Like 1