Imposter Syndrome

6 minutes ago, Weazel2006 said:

Currently at bhf and feel like a spare part most of the time, just sorting cds and putting prices on things.

Feeling very disheartened.

Rome wasn't built in a day Weazel.

Keep persevering and you'll come good..

I hope so, feels like I'm moving but keeping still. I just need someone to notice me and give me a chance. Everyone says I'm a likeable chap with a ton to offer, just need to connect the dots.

Come on Sheffield, please

Did some clothes sorting in sue ryder today. I'm home now, just struggling to find any traction, trying to be outgoing and personable...didn't help having a dream begging my ex to take me back.

Does this ever get any better, I get told to be happy but how?

I think you are doing so well. As Padders says, Rome wasn't built in a day, but you are hanging in there even when you don't feel like it and are feeling demoralised, (believe me, everyone feels like that sometimes.) 

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing your best but you're only human and experiencing all the emotions that beset everyone at times. But they pass so try not to dwell on them. You are your own worst enemy sometimes, so don't let them bully you into giving up.

You have already achieved so much, and I know what a struggle it's been for you, so how about giving yourself a pat on the back now and then? You most certainly deserve it.  

• Like 1

Had my daughter around today, enjoyed just chilling with her. I'd been barred from seeing her by her mum cause I often spoke about wanting to make amends after my depression.

I feel so torn and despite not having a good work history I thought I was a loyal and caring person to others.

I have imposter syndrome if I even so much as smile or act normal for a second, it's bloody hard work just to get through each day.

Does anyone here have experience of seperation?

• 2 weeks later...

Doing sue ryder a few times a week. Was unfortunate to see my wife there, I tried to be polite but it just reinforced my realisation that I'm really nothing, hanging onto life by a thread.....and this is the easy bit.

Time machine anyone?

1 hour ago, Weazel2006 said:

Doing sue ryder a few times a week. Was unfortunate to see my wife there

How much were they asking for her?

Leuven University in Belgium recently did a study and found that autistic children had less anxiety and settled in better at school if they used an oxytocin nose-spray. Maybe talk with your doctor and check if that might also help autistic adults?