Sheffield Wednesday Fc V Norwich

There is hope

Only bad point was Millwall, they lose to Rotherham, Owls and Huddersfield, but then beat Lester, could have done with Millwall losing.

But not bad result in the end, 12 points to go for

I thought tonight would be a tough game but obviously hoped we could get something, started ok in the opening exchanges but then trying to play it out from the back cost us as we gifted the Canaries a 0-2 lead, the rest of the half was pretty inept with Norwich probably unlucky not to get at least one more, DR made a brave move with four changes at half time and credit to the Owls we took the game to the visitors, when Paterson was clean through and put his shot straight at the keeper I thought our chance had gone but we stuck at and scored with two rare headed goals to give us a deserved draw, the next four games won't be as difficult as tonight and we have to go for it now.

Khamikaze stuff from Wednesday 1st half, Norwich pressed high but we persisted playing out from the back which beggered belief. we got a warning when Beadle made a fine stop to deny them the opener, but we got caught twice in 5 minutes and but for the keeper we could have gone in 4 or 5 down by halftime.

Rohld the dice with changes at the break and begun to force Norwich back and forced them to defend, but it wasnt until 12 minutes from time that we made it pay, ironically having not scored from corners all season we scored from 2 in the space of 7 minutes, but despite sustained pressure at the end couldnt find a winner.

Weve got to be smarter at the back when sides come to our place and press high up.

Can't tell how it happened, still in sunnier climes,& not back until early hrs Saturday, so just what I have read or seen later ,so happy in the end being 2.0 down .

Let's face its still a mammoth challenge , but hey oh  👋 

1 hour ago, Top4719 said:

Its been going on for three years for a reason, let me explain your clubs situation to you as you don't seem able to/or want to.

Your chairman took out a loan with McQuarrie when Wilder took you into the Prem, the repayments were based on Premier League income, obviously once your Prem status ended the loan first had to be extended by a year to lessen the payments and used all your parachute money up leaving the club strapped for cash, payments for players and bills were not made, the parachute payments would have dried up a year before the end of the loan, you had no money in the tank to meet the payments, fortunately Heckingbottom took you up and the new Prem money was used to pay off some of the debt, the chairman then decided to take a further loan from the same company which runs to 2027, on relegation this will again eat up the parachute payments, whether the club is financially better than it was after the last relegation I've no idea but the parachute payments will not be used to strengthen the playing squad in the next three years.

If you want to refute any of the above come back with facts rather than bluster and accusations, that's how you win arguments.

If he's gonna blabber this all over for another three years I think it only fair he spoils Owls threads with it as well.

I’m not into predictions however, now that now we appear to have woken up I’m looking at three possible scenarios.

a) We go down by a point.

b) We go down on goal difference.

c) We survive by a point.

Well it’s a lot better than it was. 🤞/

• Like 1