Each to their own of course.

I agree with Dan though.

Girl meets boy "Have you got any tattoos?  if you have it's a nono".

Boy replies "Have you got any moles,  blemishes, scars?"

End of.

I think it's up to each person.

Some are fantastic artwork, others look like they were done with a sharpened teaspoon!

I have one, it was done decades ago. I had it done during my military service...I think it was Aldershot were it was done. TBH it looks a bit rough now, but I can't exactly take it off. 

I'd say have one if you want. I'd also say to think twice about where on your body, if it's a name or something silly (cartoon etc) You may split up with the 'named' person, like a silly one, it will stay with you all your life ;) 

I don't know how removal works, or does it work?

3 minutes ago, zach said:

I think it's up to each person.

Some are fantastic artwork, others look like they were done with a sharpened teaspoon!

I have one, it was done decades ago. I had it done during my military service...I think it was Aldershot were it was done. TBH it looks a bit rough now, but I can't exactly take it off. 

I'd say have one if you want. I'd also say to think twice about where on your body, if it's a name or something silly (cartoon etc) You may split up with the 'named' person, like a silly one, it will stay with you all your life ;) 

I don't know how removal works, or does it work?

My mate who was a tattooist before it became a big business , swears blind the business to get into soon is the laser tattoo removal one .

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

My mate who was a tattooist before it became a big business , swears blind the business to get into soon is the laser tattoo removal one .

I've seen patches of slightly off colour skin on people, say, in the shape of a heart (example) It definitely looked like a tattoo removal. I just wondered if it's got better, those I've seen look quite poor. Maybe the old method of removal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zach said:

I've seen patches of slightly off colour skin on people, say, in the shape of a heart (example) It definitely looked like a tattoo removal. I just wondered if it's got better, those I've seen look quite poor. Maybe the old method of removal.

If it doesn't fade well then they could tattoo a flag over it - depending where it was.

16 minutes ago, zach said:

Blue /black ink comes off easily apparently . The colours are a bit harder but they still come off .

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Blue /black ink comes off easily apparently . The colours are a bit harder but they still come off .

Didn't know that!

Mines been there a long time. I'm not planning on having any more. The one that's on, might as well stay. I doubt it's cheap to have them removed, probably a lot more than having a tattoo done.

40 minutes ago, cressida said:

If it hurts not many would use it especially women,  imagine having tattoos removed from the neck.

Having a Tattoo on or  around  the bone, ankle or elbow is more painful than fleshy parts.  I would think the same for removal,   Ive heard many times how people really regret having them done.