Democracy - Good Or Bad?

Tesco was on the news saying price pressures have eased substantially, you could have fooled me, I haven’t noticed when I go shopping. I agree with Anna about food prices still going up. 
The company said there’s been a large jump in profits, now that I can believe, it makes me wonder if the supermarkets have been profiteering.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Inflation supposes to be coming down...

My pint of beer in the Lane Top club was £2-20 a pint just before Christmas, now £3.

Their kidding us Anna...

That price increase will have been made in an attempt for the owners to make the pub a viable business in 2024.  Pubs have been declining as viable business for many years long before the cost of living crisis.  If you like drinking in the Lane Top Club then you should continue supporting the business.

34 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Tesco was on the news saying price pressures have eased substantially, you could have fooled me, I haven’t noticed when I go shopping. I agree with Anna about food prices still going up. 
The company said there’s been a large jump in profits, now that I can believe, it makes me wonder if the supermarkets have been profiteering.

The markup for supermarkets is a very small margin.  They are only profitable because of the huge volume of sales.  A few years ago before the cost of living crisis Tesco got into trouble and had to abort the opening of new planned supermarkets.  We should be rejoicing that there has been a large jump in profits for Tesco because that is an indication that our economy is heading in the correct direction.   

5 hours ago, Axe said:

The markup for supermarkets is a very small margin.  They are only profitable because of the huge volume of sales.  A few years ago before the cost of living crisis Tesco got into trouble and had to abort the opening of new planned supermarkets.  We should be rejoicing that there has been a large jump in profits for Tesco because that is an indication that our economy is heading in the correct direction.   

Or customers are paying over the odds 😎

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

Or customers are paying over the odds 😎

I do not think so.  Aldi and Lidl force Tesco not to charge over the odds.