What Really Takes You Back In Time (In A Good Way)

7 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

There was some damn good rock music to be heard in the early seventies though, before disco took a hold around '77. That was a shock. 😢

there was but overall its not my era, i was 10/11 in 1980 so it wasnt till 1980/81 i discovered my first real band Adam and the ants, i find stuff like glam rock, Abba etc, Disco cheesy, i like more now than i did but much prefer the 80s

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

there was but overall its not my era, i was 10/11 in 1980 so it wasnt till 1980/81 i discovered my first real band Adam and the ants, i find stuff like glam rock, Abba etc, Disco cheesy, i like more now than i did but much prefer the 80s

Ah, fair enough each to their own and their era! I must have confused you with another over the years I've been away - I thought you'd been a 'punk rocker' with a mohican!

10 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

Ah, fair enough each to their own and their era! I must have confused you with another over the years I've been away - I thought you'd been a 'punk rocker' with a mohican!

i am / was, again most of the punk i listened to was from the 80s after the short late 70s period

7 minutes ago, melthebell said:

i am / was, again most of the punk i listened to was from the 80s after the short late 70s period

Got it. I really got into the band Crass in the early 80s. Bought a few of their albums. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

Got it. I really got into the band Crass in the early 80s. Bought a few of their albums. 

yeah first punk single i bought was Crass - reality asylum, what set me off on an Anarcho Punk path

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I had you down as a Billy Bragg groupie.

funnily enough its not till later years i got more into the odd song of his

• Like 1