Israel / Iran

I despise the Iranian regime, let's get that out of the way first. I've supported some of the victims of that regime to settle in the UK, I know what they're like. 

When Hamas carried out their atrocity on 7 October, world leaders were unanimous that Israel had the right to defend itself. I agree, but most people in the UK seem to agree that Israel has gone much, much further than simply defending itself. This includes an attack on Iran's consulate in Syria, killing several members of Iran's armed forces. Now the same world leaders who said Israel had the right to defend itself are saying Iran should not retaliate against Israel. This is surely total hypocrisy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This all stems from the USAs illogical defence of Israel, what ever they do. The UK follows suit, although we are unlikely to intervene, a peacekeeper is needed in Israel/Palestine.

• Like 1

As I understand it, it was Iran's military headquarters next door to the embassy.

Bear in mind that Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map, so in that sense they are already at war.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, carosio said:

As I understand it, it was Iran's military headquarters next door to the embassy.

Bear in mind that Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map, so in that sense they are already at war.

But Israel is defended by USA war ships, so it could get nasty.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

I despise the Iranian regime, let's get that out of the way first. I've supported some of the victims of that regime to settle in the UK, I know what they're like. 

When Hamas carried out their atrocity on 7 October, world leaders were unanimous that Israel had the right to defend itself. I agree, but most people in the UK seem to agree that Israel has gone much, much further than simply defending itself. This includes an attack on Iran's consulate in Syria, killing several members of Iran's armed forces. Now the same world leaders who said Israel had the right to defend itself are saying Iran should not retaliate against Israel. This is surely total hypocrisy.

I see your point but Israel didn't invade Iran, slaughter loads, rape and torture families then take hostages and drag them through the street whilst fellow citizens spat on them.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I see your point but Israel didn't invade Iran, slaughter loads, rape and torture families then take hostages and drag them through the street whilst fellow citizens spat on them.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240327-israeli-soldiers-accused-of-raping-palestinian-women-and-children/

Israeli soldiers accused of raping Palestinian women and children!

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

Keep in mind that Iran is supporting proxy wars in the region by funding Hamas, Hezbollah and the Houthi's and supporting the Syrian regime. Hezbollah attacks on Israel have increased since the Hamas attack and Israel's response to it.

That said, I do think the attack on the Iranian consulate was Netanyahu poking Iran to discourage the US from pressuring Israel to provide food/etc. to Palestinians in Gaza.