Israel / Iran

10 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

What is it about these repressive, backwards and despotic states/countries that the left seem to take sides with?  Is it in the " How to be a leftie" handbook that ensures you take sides with these places regardless of the situation?

Can I ask, how many of the left on here who are straining to be on the side of these backwards places have actually visited them?  How many times have you taken your family, wife or daughters to these delights?

I am genuinely interested.

Or do you prefer to spend your vacation in a safe, free speech, democratic place where your wife or daughter can wear what they want and will not be treat as a second class citizen, or be free of being stoned or chucked off a building for being gay?

I think we all know the answer don't we.

One last question....

Hypothetically....if tomorrow you had to vote on who will from now rule the world and you have to obey and do what they say....who would you prefer to be in control?

A, Iran, Yemen and Syria 

B, Israel, America and Britain.

Again, we know deep down who the vote would be for.

So what is it that makes the left side with these places as it's absolutely bizarre?

«  repressive despotic states/countries ». The International Court of Justice has said there is a reasonable case of genocide against Israel » final judgement not delivered. They’ve slaughtered around 35,000, seems the majority are women and children, they’ve destroyed hospitals, infrastructure, educational establishments, have allegedly targeted Palestinian intellectuals, killed journalists, and now starving the population as well as bombing them, presumably using bombs bought with the $14 billion dollars the  democratic land of the free US government gave them.

Israel, democratic ? Zionism, government of the Jews by the Jews, for the Jews. Zionism is an ethno-nationalist ideology, not a religion. 

11 hours ago, cressida said:

.....and what is it that so many of their inhabitants want to flee their countries?

I wonder if NATO in the form of France and Britain democratically bombing Libya because they didn’t like the govt. thus creating a vacuum through which Africans enduring poverty and war pass through in their quest to teach Europe.

Do you think that may have something to do with it ? 

57 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

I wonder if NATO in the form of France and Britain democratically bombing Libya because they didn’t like the govt. thus creating a vacuum through which Africans enduring poverty and war pass through in their quest to teach Europe.

Do you think that may have something to do with it ? 

or even «  reach » Europe LOL

2 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

«  repressive despotic states/countries ». The International Court of Justice has said there is a reasonable case of genocide against Israel » final judgement not delivered. They’ve slaughtered around 35,000, seems the majority are women and children, they’ve destroyed hospitals, infrastructure, educational establishments, have allegedly targeted Palestinian intellectuals, killed journalists, and now starving the population as well as bombing them, presumably using bombs bought with the $14 billion dollars the  democratic land of the free US government gave them.

Israel, democratic ? Zionism, government of the Jews by the Jews, for the Jews. Zionism is an ethno-nationalist ideology, not a religion. 

Geo politics is very complicated. You should give your head a rest

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Apparently Israel and its allies stopped 99% of all the incoming missiles and drones. 

99%? 

Yeah, OK 🤣

The Iron Dome system only stops those missiles that it thinks will fall on populated areas, so perhaps it stopped 99% that were coming to Jerusalem, and left the rest to fall in fields and stuff?

It's not like they are know for their accuracy, most probably went well far off the mark.

4 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

No answer to my question though, why not?

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

No answer to my question though, why not?

I know I’m going to sound patronising here but you write such absolute  rubbish I’m not sure I can be bothered. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ridgewalk said:

I know I’m going to sound patronising here but you write such absolute  rubbish I’m not sure I can be bothered. 

Oh go on, pretty please.

Would you rather..

A Iran and the Yemen or

B, America and Israel, from tomorrow rule the world and you have to adhere to their rules and outlooks......also pose the question to your wife if you have one.

A simple A or B answer will suffice.