Israel / Iran

33 minutes ago, mafya said:

Your talking a load of codswallop again,Pakistan had a female prime minister decades ago and also has female judges and mps.

All countries are different so stop trying to judge countries on the standards of one country and say everyone has to be the same as the USA or Britain or Israel etc.

My bold.

So he's wrong then? 

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

So he's wrong then? 

He is stereotyping so yes he is, western countries ways are not the way everyone wants to live so people live on a country where they choose to live

1 minute ago, mafya said:

He is stereotyping so yes he is, western countries ways are not the way everyone wants to live so people live on a country where they choose to live

My bold

I agree completely. I'll go further and say many ofter worlds problems are caused by Western countries ways.

Underlined. 

He's wrong because he's stereotyping?

So he's factually incorrect then? 

Women CAN do all those things in Yemen and Iran?

9 minutes ago, mafya said:

How many people can live in a country where they choose to live?

Reckon I'm one of a tiny minority as I moved to France due to a combination of an inheritance, 40 odd years of savings  to a personal pension, and owning a house in Sheffield I can rent out.

35 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Reckon I'm one of a tiny minority as I moved to France due to a combination of an inheritance, 40 odd years of savings  to a personal pension, and owning a house in Sheffield I can rent out.

:banana::banana::banana:

51 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

I agree completely. I'll go further and say many ofter worlds problems are caused by Western countries ways.

Underlined. 

He's wrong because he's stereotyping?

So he's factually incorrect then? 

Women CAN do all those things in Yemen and Iran?

Yemen  is currently undergoing a civil war and Iran is a country where the govt is at odds with its citizens although Iran in the 60s and 70s was very cosmopolitan until the west started interfering.

Every country that western democracy is forced upon ends up in the hands of the opposite extremists so might be worth leaving them alone.

Look at how the so called Arab spring turned out and that was instigated by western interference and also look at what is happening in Ukraine?

The world would be a better place if the so called western democracies kept their noses and armies out of other countries.

Western democracies can’t stop a genocide that is happening in Gaza and a war in Sudan yet we are quick to bleat about women not being able to go out dancing alone? Talk about getting our priorities right eh?

41 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I agree not everyone is fortunate to be able to move but people born in a country grow up accustomed to the ways of that country.

We eat beef in the UK but in India the cow is a sacred animal so are we going to start saying some in your country want to eat beef so let them?

Every country and region of the world has different traditions and ways of doing things so who is anybody to try and enforce their ways onto others?

Did 20 years of war in Afghanistan free the women from having to wear the Gurkhas as they were bleating on about as operation freedom I think?

Keep your western democratic ways in the West and accept that Eastern countries have Eastern  democratic ways.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mafya said:

I agree not everyone is fortunate to be able to move but people born in a country grow up accustomed to the ways of that country.

We eat beef in the UK but in India the cow is a sacred animal so are we going to start saying some in your country want to eat beef so let them?

Every country and region of the world has different traditions and ways of doing things so who is anybody to try and enforce their ways onto others?

Did 20 years of war in Afghanistan free the women from having to wear the Gurkhas as they were bleating on about as operation freedom I think?

Keep your western democratic ways in the West and accept that Eastern countries have Eastern  democratic ways.

Worth pointing out that both Afghanistan and Iran were much more liberal until they were used by Western governments for their own ends. The Islamic regime in Iran was only able to take over because the British-backed Shah was corrupt - when the opposition tried to make Iranian oil for Iranians (instead of the British), the British helped the Shah to undermine those efforts. The result was an initially left wing revolution, which the Ayatollah took advantage of to take power. If the British government hadn't been so greedy for Iranian oil, Iran likely wouldn't have an Islamic government.

The US used its operations in Afghanistan as bait to draw the USSR into unwinnable war there, after which the US left the country in turmoil, allowing the Taliban to take over.

Both regimes are direct results of western imperialism.

Edited by Delbow
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mafya said:

Your talking a load of codswallop again,Pakistan had a female prime minister decades ago and also has female judges and mps.

All countries are different so stop trying to judge countries on the standards of one country and say everyone has to be the same as the USA or Britain or Israel etc.

So Iran does allow all those things I mentioned then?

I know you love posting links so can you point me in the right direction as to where you have seen the change in rules?

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, mafya said:

I completely agree with you there, the West has no right to preach to others how they should live, especially as our society is so screwed up.