Israel / Iran

6 hours ago, mafya said:

Yemen  is currently undergoing a civil war and Iran is a country where the govt is at odds with its citizens although Iran in the 60s and 70s was very cosmopolitan until the west started interfering.

Every country that western democracy is forced upon ends up in the hands of the opposite extremists so might be worth leaving them alone.

Look at how the so called Arab spring turned out and that was instigated by western interference and also look at what is happening in Ukraine?

The world would be a better place if the so called western democracies kept their noses and armies out of other countries.

Western democracies can’t stop a genocide that is happening in Gaza and a war in Sudan yet we are quick to bleat about women not being able to go out dancing alone? Talk about getting our priorities right eh?

I knew it would be our fault.

Why are Muslims fighting Muslims,is that our fault also, the Sunni and shiiates lads, are they killing each other because of the West?, Is there anything that isn't the Wests fault according to you?

You are so predictable it's painful. I actually feel sorry for you that you have been brainwashed.

19 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I knew it would be our fault.

Why are Muslims fighting Muslims,is that our fault also, the Sunni and shiiates lads, are they killing each other because of the West?, Is there anything that isn't the Wests fault according to you?

You are so predictable it's painful. I actually feel sorry for you that you have been brainwashed.

Rather ironic from someone who is simply unable to countenance anything other than the mainstream view on any issue, ever. I don't agree with everything Mafya says but at least they're able to look past the official versions of history we're spoon-fed from school onwards.

8 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Rather ironic from someone who is simply unable to countenance anything other than the mainstream view on any issue, ever. I don't agree with everything Mafya says but at least they're able to look past the official versions of history we're spoon-fed from school onwards.

Good stuff.

What have I stated that's incorrect?

spacer.png

Kabul 1971

spacer.png

Iran 1960s and 1970s.

There's nothing inevitable about the current state of either country. Both have ended up where they are in part because of western interference, which has all been about oil and its crucial importance in western industrial economies.

24 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Good luck with this one.  Seems a bit of a waste of time

1 minute ago, cressida said:

I liked the pictures Delbow showed,  are the women allowed to dress like that now?

No, absolutely not, what they wear is heavily policed by the state. Those conservative elements were there in the 1970s of course, you can find photos of women in Kabul and Tehran covered up to varying degrees from that time, but the difference was that there was choice.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Delbow said:

spacer.png

Kabul 1971

spacer.png

Iran 1960s and 1970s.

There's nothing inevitable about the current state of either country. Both have ended up where they are in part because of western interference, which has all been about oil and its crucial importance in western industrial economies.

Looks great.

So what you are saying is that if it wasn't for Western influence they would still be able to dress like that?

What leads you to believe that?