Israel / Iran

1 hour ago, BigPP said:

The only thing I can find relating to this is from 2016 which suggests there is nothing new here.

https://mishpacha.com/times-dont-change-in-gateshead/

"Yeshivah buildings, and other Jewish institutions in Gateshead, are protected by the Community Security Trust and by unarmed guards, in a country where police do not carry arms except in special circumstances."

Nevertheless, I have no doubt there are incidents of abuse against Jews just as sadly there are against many other minority groups in this country. 

I have been told there is more security and extra police patrols in the Jewish area particularly near the Woman's Jewish Teaching College where quite a few of the girls are from Israel training to be teachers.

14 hours ago, peak4 said:

I'm sad to say if you've seen it repeated on any mainstream news channel, those reports likely pale into insignificance compared to some of the stuff I wish I hadn't seen; no, unusually for me, I'm not posting links to any of the Twitter stuff. I've certainly not visited the Telegram channels etc 😢

Well what I saw was bad enough, wouldn't wish to see worse, but details of horrific war crimes need to be exposed.

1 hour ago, janie48 said:

Well what I saw was bad enough, wouldn't wish to see worse, but details of horrific war crimes need to be exposed.

They do,  and it needs to be condemned,  the countries need to take responsibility and have to be answerable,  the

problem is how do we sanction them.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cressida said:

They do,  and it needs to be condemned,  the countries need to take responsibility and have to be answerable,  the

problem is how do we sanction them.

Really don't know what can  can be done  Cressida.

What I do know is that there are many Jewish people who against the actions of the Israeli government.  Mostly those who don't live in Israel and probably those who do but are afraid to speak out because of the consequences.

Just now, janie48 said:

Really don't know what can  can be done  Cressida.

What I do know is that there are many Jewish people who against the actions of the Israeli government.  Mostly those who don't live in Israel and probably those who do but are afraid to speak out because of the consequences.

Very true,  it's affecting Jewish and Muslim peoples in peaceful countries,  this problem shouldn't be settled entirely by

partisan countries - and buffer zones can't stop missiles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cressida said:

Very true,  it's affecting Jewish and Muslim peoples in peaceful countries,  this problem shouldn't be settled entirely by

partisan countries - and buffer zones can't stop missiles.

👍 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rogets said:

Many over 60s would not want to have to go through another world war, too many painful memories

When you listen to the stories about the two world wars I’m just thankful I didn’t have to live through them.

I’m not sure there will be a world war again and soldiers are sent all over the world to fight, nuclear weapons in all likelihood has put an end to conventional warfare