Men - To Stand At The Toilet For A Pee Or Sit?

21 hours ago, gaz678 said:

😏

It's been suggested over the last few years that not wearing tight underwear can improve male fertility levels. I'm saying nothing other than we conceived our children very quickly! 

A similar myth existed 50 years ago - nylon Y fronts would make you sterile or summat because it would make the temeperature in your dangly bits too high for sperm to be produced. 

Told to me by a g/f at the time, although pretty sure my  use of "rubber johnnies" was a far more effective method of contraception.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2024 at 16:41, pattricia said:

When I was nursing, I was on the men’s ward. All were bedridden after having operations. We had to give them a bed bath every morning. On pulling back the bedclothes  I was often met with the men’s penises standing upright in the air.! I always threw a cold flannel over it, then pulled the curtains closed round the bed, and went back later to check if the patient had “calmed down “ .

When I was about 6 or 7 I felt sure we had to have an intimate examination by a doctor at our primary school. I can't remember the exact details, it was v long ago, so I googled it and apparently it was a thing in the 1970s. 

I read a forum thread about it (not on here), and the consensus of opinion seemed to be to check for undescended testicles. 

Apparently though one of the contributors said that it was normal for the female nurse (if a female nurse was doing the exam) to have a spoon in a glass of cold water, to give it  tap if it was standing to attention. Not sure if that's an old wives tale, but funny if true:hihi:

Edited by Mister M
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mister M said:

When I was about 6 or 7 I felt sure we had to have an intimate examination by a doctor at our primary school. I can't remember the exact details, it was v long ago, so I googled it and apparently it was a thing in the 1970s. 

I read a forum thread about it (not on here), and the consensus of opinion seemed to be to check for undescended testicles. 

Apparently though one of the contributors said that it was normal for the female nurse (if a female nurse was doing the exam) to have a spoon in a glass of cold water, to give it  tap if it was standing to attention. Not sure if that's an old wives tale, but funny if true:hihi:

R8 Mr rockhard

17 hours ago, Longcol said:

A similar myth existed 50 years ago - nylon Y fronts would make you sterile or summat because it would make the temeperature in your dangly bits too high for sperm to be produced. 

Told to me by a g/f at the time, although pretty sure my  use of "rubber johnnies" was a far more effective method of contraception.

Boxers or briefs? Loose-fitting underwear may benefit sperm production  Might not be a myth according to www.hsph.harvard.edu. Full article linked above. :) 

Men who most frequently wore boxers had significantly higher sperm concentrations and total sperm counts when compared with men who did not usually wear boxers, according to new research led by Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. The findings of this study, conducted in the Fertility Clinic at Massachusetts General Hospital, suggest that certain styles of men’s underwear may inhibit production of sperm.