No More Fa Cup Replays

Remember Wednesday winning a replay 1 - 3  at Leeds  Jan 69 / Most elecric atmosphere I've ever known - more than half the crowd were Wednesdayites. Peter Eustace was absolutely class on the night, from nutmegging Bremner early doors to launching a free kick way over the Scratching Shed in the last minute to run down time,

Albert Johannsen had put Leeds in front against the run of play in the first half. Brian Woodhall got two for the Owls at the start of the second half on one of his rare first team appearances, and John Ritchie "hit" the third near the end - a miss hit from the edge of the box that Gary Sprake somehow misread - pretty much like Ritchies equaliser in the 1-1 draw at Hillsborough on the Saturday.

One of the most memorable  wins in my time supporting Wednesday and doubt if you'd get an atmosphere like that on a Saturdat afternoon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Longcol said:

One of the most memorable  wins in my time supporting Wednesday and doubt if you'd get an atmosphere like that on a Saturdat afternoon.

Cup ties and atmosphere's, you couldn't beat it..

I've stood along 40 thousand+ fans at Bramall Lane, wearing my red and white scarf and hat...

Huge rosette on my lapel, and twirling my rattle around..

When united scored a goal the whole ground would erupt into a chorus of "On Ilkley moor Bart'hat"

It made your spine tingle.

E  By  Gum,

Them were the days....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Cup ties and atmosphere's, you couldn't beat it..

I've stood along 40 thousand+ fans at Bramall Lane, wearing my red and white scarf and hat...

Huge rosette on my lapel, and twirling my rattle around..

When united scored a goal the whole ground would erupt into a chorus of "On Ilkley moor Bart'hat"

It made your spine tingle.

E  By  Gum,

Them were the days....

Didn’t they used to run out to Ilkley Moor at the lane at one time?

6 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

It's a disgrace. I hope all clubs band together, maybe boycott the fa cup but then the top clubs would probably be happy about it so I don't know if that would work.

I reckon if half a dozen clubs got together and said they were gonna boycott, the PR for the premier league would be terrible.

I always thought that ALL football clubs, regardless of any being in the Premiership were affiliate members of the FA with voting rights? 

Surely, something that will affect a large proportion of the affiliate, can't just be waived through at the whim of the FA hierarchy without it being put to members & a possible vote?