Why Have We Received 2 Sets Of Local Election Voting Papers?

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

I suggest you ring them and explain the situation. I am guessing here, but I suspect those codes are scanned, and if duplicated, at least one would be cancelled.

Agreed but what if some misguided chap sends duplicates which one is cancelled? Sorry just chucking some ground bait in…

2 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Agreed but what if some misguided chap sends duplicates which one is cancelled? Sorry just chucking some ground bait in…

I don't know - but you need to check with the Returning Officers staff for clarification.

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I don't know - but you need to check with the Returning Officers staff for clarification.

It's much easier to moan on here though and not actually get a straight answer or advice on what to do with the duplicate. 

5 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Did one come from the Sheffield City Council returning officer and one from the Mayoral returning officer?

(Are they the same person?)

As both voting forms come in the same envelope (mine did, from SCC's Returning Officer), i would guess they are one and the same.

• Like 1

I've checked my paperwork and have received two sets of correspondence:

1: Polling card for local election and regional mayoral election

2: Sperate booklet pertaining to the mayoral election (which states on the envelope that they are required by law to send the booklet to each person entitled to vote in this election

Are these what people are meaning in this thread as to two sets of 'voting papers'?

Just now, SheffieldForum said:

I've checked my paperwork and have received two sets of correspondence:

1: Polling card for local election and regional mayoral election

2: Sperate booklet pertaining to the mayoral election (which states on the envelope that they are required by law to send the booklet to each person entitled to vote in this election

Are these what people are meaning in this thread as to two sets of 'voting papers'?

I doubt it, as the OP clearly states 'voting papers', and confirms that they have the same identification on both sets.