Why Have We Received 2 Sets Of Local Election Voting Papers?

3 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

I've checked my paperwork and have received two sets of correspondence:

1: Polling card for local election and regional mayoral election

2: Sperate booklet pertaining to the mayoral election (which states on the envelope that they are required by law to send the booklet to each person entitled to vote in this election

Are these what people are meaning in this thread as to two sets of 'voting papers'?

No

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Pretty sure he hasn't called...

...and if he did it might not have led to this thread where we can discuss it and similarly confused people might eventually get an answer...

Well yes exactly my point.

A message from Kate Josephs, Returning Officer:

“Dear Elector,

“2024 Sheffeld City Council and South Yorkshire Combined Authority Mayoral Elections

“I am writing to you as a postal voter in the Manor Castle ward. Because of a printing error by our third-party printer, you will have been issued with two postal vote packs for the forthcoming elections on 2 May 2024. I want to reassure you that this error will not affect your ability to vote at these elections.

“Please return one of the two packs as normal and destroy the second pack. If both packs are returned then the second pack will be rejected by us. No voter will be able to vote more than once.

“One of the packs contained an error in the accompanying instructions in asking you to vote for no more than two candidates in the city council election. This should have read ‘vote for one candidate’. The instructions on the top of all of the ballot papers are, however, correct.

“If you have already returned one of the postal vote packs and believe you may have voted for two candidates at either election, it is really important that you get in contact with us so that we can cancel both of your original packs and issue you with a new pack.

“Please accept our sincere apologies for this error. If you have any questions about anything in this letter, please contact us using the details below.

“Our contact details are:
Email: electoralservices@she/eld.gov.uk
Phone: 0114 2736910

“Yours sincerely,
Kate Josephs
Returning Officer”

• Like 1

On 19/04/2024 at 15:38, Man in Crete said:

So… gert and I now have 2 sets of papers for local and mayors election. Is this another incompetent council officers(s) sending them out twice and what would happen if we filled each set in for a different candidate (s) and returned them ? I suspect many others in our area have the same problem…… what’s to do? No wonder folk complain about vote rigging!

Hope you don't live in Crete  because you shouldn't get ballot papers for any local elections if you do.