Fat Cats, Getting Fatter?

And just like the SCC nobody can answer the pivotal question of what decisens do these head honchos make that deserves a £100k salary off the bat 

Someone on a £60k-£70k salary could easily match these lazy good for nothing executives

1 hour ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

And just like the SCC nobody can answer the pivotal question of what decisens do these head honchos make that deserves a £100k salary off the bat 

Someone on a £60k-£70k salary could easily match these lazy good for nothing executives

Literally every decision relating to the Council’s running of the city?! I mean, it’s obvious (to most people).

They direct policy and strategy ( which is important), including developing new policies and strategies, decide how service budgets will be spent and the makeup and size of the teams under them. They are responsible for corporate plans and the performance and budget monitoring that goes with them.

Senior managers review and approve all spending decisions of any size.

They also review and sign off any reports which are going to governance / decision making bodies.

They often sit on boards which oversee the governance of projects. Directors are often the senior responsible officer on projects.

They often sit on partnership bodies where they work with other partners ( such as the other South Yorkshire local authorities and the MCA in the transport field of work). That’s where decisions are made on what transport schemes should be progressed (or not) on a regional basis.

They often also sit on sub national (eg Transport for the North) and national bodies like the Core Cities group.

Heads of service, directors and Chief Execs are extremely busy people.

3 hours ago, Planner1 said:

Depends what it says in the contract specification.

I haven’t read it.

I’d say overall condition has deteriorated recently, but most other places I go, the roads are as bad or worse.

I’m not bothered about other places .

Bull.  

As I have tried to get into your thick skull, there are mid-level service managers on nearly £60k project managers and HR advisors earning nearly £50k.  Even pen pushing business support officers earning over £30k. 

You serious to think a head of a division with responsibility for high level policy, strategy, legality, compliance, overseeing hundreds or thousands of staff and a multi-million pound budget is going to be paid £5k - £10k more than some mid-tier manager employee???

Join the real world.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Planner1 said:

They direct policy and strategy ( which is important), including developing new policies and strategies, decide how service budgets will be spent and the makeup and size of the teams under them. They are responsible for corporate plans and the performance and budget monitoring that goes with them.

Senior managers review and approve all spending decisions of any size.

They also review and sign off any reports which are going to governance / decision making bodies.

They often sit on boards which oversee the governance of projects. Directors are often the senior responsible officer on projects.

They often sit on partnership bodies where they work with other partners ( such as the other South Yorkshire local authorities and the MCA in the transport field of work). That’s where decisions are made on what transport schemes should be progressed (or not) on a regional basis.

They often also sit on sub national (eg Transport for the North) and national bodies like the Core Cities group.

Heads of service, directors and Chief Execs are extremely busy people.

thanks chatGPT

52 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Bull.  

As I have tried to get into your thick skull, there are mid-level service managers on nearly £60k project managers and HR advisors earning nearly £50k.  Even pen pushing business support officers earning over £30k. 

You serious to think a head of a division with responsibility for high level policy, strategy, legality, compliance, overseeing hundreds or thousands of staff and a multi-million pound budget is going to be paid £5k - £10k more than some mid-tier manager employee???

Join the real world.  

Maybe all the salaries need adjusting to the real world 

Nobody in SCC is worth £200k a year NOBODY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

Nobody in SCC is worth £200k a year NOBODY

Just because you shout it doesn't automatically make it correct.  

46 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

Let me try and break it down into simple steps for you. 

The current in National minimum wage for people over 21 years old has just had a 9.8% increase to £11.44 an hour. 

So any unskilled worker doing the most menial of tasks could potentially be earning equivalent full-time of over £22,000. 

So, if an envelope stuffer and floor cleaner is earning potentially £22k how much more do you think is reasonable for a skilled Administrator to earn? An office manager? A qualified analyst or planner? A social worker? A department manager? A qualified lawyer?.....  Do you see where this is going....

Like I said, a chief executive in charging an entire sector or division of a large organisation comes with a certain salary.