Fat Cats, Getting Fatter?

11 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Thank you :thumbsup:

Only thing I can think of why it could be so  extortionately expensive  is that Daresbury and Berners  used to be the site of the old East Bank Road care home, and if it is a replacement for that it will also include communal facitlities, staff rooms./ offices storage for eg cleaners, maybe a canteen - still seems  to be be well expensive though.

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Only thing I can think of why it could be so  extortionately expensive  is that Daresbury and Berners  used to be the site of the old East Bank Road care home, and if it is a replacement for that it will also include communal facitlities, staff rooms./ offices storage for eg cleaners, maybe a canteen - still seems  to be be well expensive though.

It’s for 73 new houses. 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

It’s for 73 new houses. 

Given the poor quality of the Star reporting it could be owt. Whatever it is at top side of £200k per property  - even if  half is for communal facilities etc, it 's still way over the odds as far as I can see,

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Given the poor quality of the Star reporting it could be owt. Whatever it is at top side of £200k per property  - even if  half is for communal facilities etc, it 's still way over the odds as far as I can see,

Maybe Sheffield Forum could ask Ben Miskell about it . 

18 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Maybe. But don't forget with any big project like this, there's lots of prep work in the background before any spades start hitting the ground. 

There's all the costs of consultancy, design, planning, architects, plant, utilities, surveyors, insurances, legal fees, project management, contracting, procurement....

That 200k per house is not simply for materials and labour.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Maybe. But don't forget with any big project like this, there's lots of prep work in the background before any spades start hitting the ground. 

There's all the costs of consultancy, design, planning, architects, plant, utilities, surveyors, insurances, legal fees, project management, contracting, procurement....

That 200k per house is not simply for materials and labour.

So it’s worth over 15 million for 70 houses?