Most Fish & Chip Shops Not The Same Anymore ?

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Heard that both the PAPA'S Fish and Chip shops have now closed (Attercliffe and Crystal Peaks).

Never actually went in either myself personally - they looked too big to stand much of a chance to me.

Used Papas in Cleethorpes, Scarborough and Blackpool, then gave upon them. Bang average  to say the least.

The really disingenuous part is the blue plaque that every one displays outside proclaiming they won Britains Best Takeaway on the BBC. It was the original Papas outside Hull that won this award, nowt to do with the rest.

Incidentally the one in Whitby has also closed.

On 28/04/2024 at 13:23, TOM PEPPER said:

Frymasters is it the same family still who had the Robin Hood next to pub same name further up the Cliffe

yes that true i went in the 70s , i love there family run shops and mine and i think them all are still cooked in dripping ,good grub,good prices old fashioned service

On 11/08/2024 at 23:58, Box11 said:

I know it’s a “franchise”…

But it is also part of a chain…

I won’t be trying it because I know I’ll be disappointed and what’s the point in that….

I’ll stick to supporting small independent family owned businesses because in the end they are better all day every day !!!!…

But thanks for your input on this small matter….

you are missing the point  , that  where the Franchise model is in operation even if it;s a 'chain' it's still  (generally) a SME   running the business  ( station / port / motorway services slightly different ) 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, NicolaJayne said:

you are missing the point  , that  where the Franchise model is in operation even if it;s a 'chain' it's still  (generally) a SME   running the business  ( station / port / motorway services slightly different ) 

When I say this I truly mean no disrespect !!!!….

It’s my choice where I eat mine alone !!.

If I don’t want to eat at a chain of restaurants regardless of what they serve is my decision !!!!…

I would never eat at a chain of restaurants regardless of what they serve why would I the thought of it churns my stomach  !!!!!….

You do what you want to do and enjoy and I’ll do what I want to do !!!!!!!….

Each to their own !!!!….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Box11 said:

When I say this I truly mean no disrespect !!!!….

It’s my choice where I eat mine alone !!.

If I don’t want to eat at a chain of restaurants regardless of what they serve is my decision !!!!…

I would never eat at a chain of restaurants regardless of what they serve why would I the thought of it churns my stomach  !!!!!….

You do what you want to do and enjoy and I’ll do what I want to do !!!!!!!….

Each to their own !!!!….

Truth :thumbsup: