Most Fish & Chip Shops Not The Same Anymore ?

8 minutes ago, redruby said:

Maybe that would help. Some have a strong taste of doner kebab which is probably recycled fat.

I don’t think it’s dinner kebab fat I think it maybe they fry kebabs in the oil so that is what is imparting the taste to other food. Unfortunately it’s all down to keeping down costs..,

I'd be surprised if you could taste kebab from the chip oil.  Have you had a good kebab recently??? 

Most are shocking, really poor quality meat, little flavouring.  There's nothing there to taste in the first place.

Went back to a favourite old haunt a little while ago, their Kebab's used to be really good. 

Total opposite now, place changed hands and the food is terrible.

10 hours ago, geared said:

I'd be surprised if you could taste kebab from the chip oil.  Have you had a good kebab recently??? 

Most are shocking, really poor quality meat, little flavouring.  There's nothing there to taste in the first place.

Went back to a favourite old haunt a little while ago, their Kebab's used to be really good. 

Hmm. Are you sure its meat?

On 23/04/2024 at 22:05, geared said:

It always amuses me when you see big sign "Under new management".   A lot of the time it makes things worse.

3 hours ago, spilldig said:

It always amuses me when you see big sign "Under new management".   A lot of the time it makes things worse.

It's not under new management it's a tax fiddle🤔

3 hours ago, gaz678 said:

It's not under new management it's a tax fiddle🤔

My (old) favourite place was, the guy that used to run it took pride in his shop.  The food was decent, the shop was clean, bright and tidy.  

Everything changed, run by a bunch of scruffy gits, place was a mess, food was rubbish. 

Run the place into the ground, then dug a big hole and ran it further down.

• Sad 1

On 22/04/2024 at 22:11, mafya said:

Frymaster down Attercliffe is a traditional chippy that uses beef dripping and the fish and chips taste wonderful but they only open at dinner times

I called in Saturday about 2.30pm no queue but the chips proper rissole and fish I shared with my other half were great, what really surprised me was it had a nice dinning room and it was nearly full.