Should Hallamshire Hospital Be Moved To Attercliffe

1 hour ago, sheffandy said:

What a load of old codswallop.

This rumour does the rounds every 4/5 years and here it is right on schedule.

You honestly think they're going to demolish the main RHH building after the multi millions they've put into it?

Off the top of my head...The Q Floor theatres installation, The total refurbishment of both L Floor Wards and the HASU Unit, The Gamma Knife scanner(which cost thousands just to get into the building and install), the total revamp on the MSK dept on B floor and resiting of of part of this dept from NGH.

Connected to this, at Jessop Wing the currently  ongoing Theatre refurbishment and Labour ward refurbishment which are currently ongoing and costing big money.

I could go on, but there's not a chance of the RHH being closed, moved or sold after the amount of investment that has gone into it over the past 5 years. 

Its the multi-millions the main building is costing per year to keep compliant

tbh i think all the ancillary buildings & main building under one roof would benefit both patients & staff 

squandering money is no problem for this government might i add spending money refurbishing current rooms has to be done wether they sell up tomorrow or not 

Alot of the equipment that is the major factor cost wise would obviously be re-purposed in a new building

The new Building location is supposed to be within spitting distance of the burnard road incinerator, obviously its going to make full use of it 

Also having the possibility of 24hour public transport from city centre via the tram is a game changer 

I've got this information from a good friend as i've mentioned above in the other post 

So thanks @sheffandy but soon you'll be sat with a red face 

Just now, crookesey said:

I’ve got an appointment at the NGH tomorrow, there’s a direct bus from around the corner of my S17 home. 🤙

But it's a hell of a long journey - I know , because I've done it - A LOT!

14 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

tbh i think all the ancillary buildings & main building under one roof would benefit both patients & staff 

squandering money is no problem for this government might i add spending money refurbishing current rooms has to be done wether they sell up tomorrow or not 

Alot of the equipment that is the major factor cost wise would obviously be re-purposed in a new building

The new Building location is supposed to be within spitting distance of the burnard road incinerator, obviously its going to make full use of it 

Also having the possibility of 24hour public transport from city centre via the tram is a game changer 

I've got this information from a good friend as i've mentioned above in the other post 

Like the NGH, you mean? 🤣

31 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

Not quite Attercliffe then?

Also does this ‘good friend’ work in a company you work alongside, or did you forget what you originally said about where the info came from?

For what it’s worth I can kinda see the ambition to build a replacement for the Hallamshire, but this proposal does come with a few problems as mentioned in the thread earlier (not to mention a lack of big enough land space around that area, and the fact that they had a huge opportunity with the land at Don Valley for something like this, if it was ever a consideration).

• Like 1