Should Hallamshire Hospital Be Moved To Attercliffe

2 minutes ago, NicolaJayne said:

Not that iam aware of 

routinely see  YAS at Scunthorpe 

routinely see  EMAS at Doncaster/NGH /SCH / Hull  (YAS territory)  and Peterbrough / King's Lynn  (which are EoE  territory)

there are posters on the Site who are YAS road staff , they may be  better placed  to advise. 

Fair enough. So not sure what Bassettone is moaning about then. 

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Fair enough. So not sure what Bassettone is moaning about then. 

it's   the general ignorance  , sometimes genuine  and sometimes deliberate than the  masses have of how the Ambulance service works  and how that in some cases even if you  bang outside the front doors of a hospital with an Emergency Department  you'd be scooped  up and transported elsewhere  becasue  of access to  the most appropraite care  - whether that is major trauam, PPCI for heart attacks, a Hyper Acute Stroke Service  or simply because not  every Hospital with an Emergency Department has  access to the full range of  surgical specialities 

i have checked witha friend who YAS road staff  and  they  say they  routinely  go to Calow from the South of the City 

9 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

All of which has SFA to do with the wild claim that started this topic.

Despite the fact people have claimed that  Sheffield  needs another ED , which it hasn't done since the 1990s  , when Adult Emergency Department  services in Sheffield were centralised at the NGH and Paediatric Emergency Depatment  services at the Children's 

the RHH has maintained a Minor Injuries / Urgent Treatment  Centre service since then. 

Chesterfield, Rotherham  and Barnsley maintain 'full'  Emergency  Departments which iirc have 'trauma unit' status  vs the Major Trauma Centre Status  that NGH and SCH have 

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergency-care-services/when-to-visit-an-urgent-treatment-centre-walk-in-or-minor-injury-unit/

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Which still isn't related to the initial claim that RHH was to be moved to Attercliffe.

No, but then Dramaticone waded in as usual essentially claiming everyone in the south of the city will die because the current A&E is through the city centre to the north. 

He should try moving somewhere like Gairloch. Beautiful place but look where the nearest A&E is. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

No, but then Dramaticone waded in as usual essentially claiming everyone in the south of the city will die because the current A&E is through the city centre to the north. 

He should try moving somewhere like Gairloch. Beautiful place but look where the nearest A&E is. 

or even somewhere  like the  Lincolnshire or  East Yorkshire coast ... 

• Like 2

Let's say this idea is real which I doubt. Yes Attercliffe has loads of spare land to build on in fact there is a housing and commercial master plan for the area. None show a site for a proposed hospital. 

In a way Attercliffe could work with good transport links but some of roads around the area are narrow Attercliffe Road itself is heavy used during the day ambulances could end up struggling to get through. 

Personally I don't think Attercliffe would be suitable for a hospital plus Northern General Hospital is not that far away. 

23 hours ago, RollingJ said:

So, just off the top of my head, they could equally as usefully relocate NGH and as I've said previously, release even more land for housing?

Yeah I suppose they could.

On 23/04/2024 at 15:16, sheffandy said:

What a load of old codswallop.

This rumour does the rounds every 4/5 years and here it is right on schedule.

You honestly think they're going to demolish the main RHH building after the multi millions they've put into it?

Off the top of my head...The Q Floor theatres installation, The total refurbishment of both L Floor Wards and the HASU Unit, The Gamma Knife scanner(which cost thousands just to get into the building and install), the total revamp on the MSK dept on B floor and resiting of of part of this dept from NGH.

Connected to this, at Jessop Wing the currently  ongoing Theatre refurbishment and Labour ward refurbishment which are currently ongoing and costing big money.

I could go on, but there's not a chance of the RHH being closed, moved or sold after the amount of investment that has gone into it over the past 5 years. 

Totally agree, I started working at RHH in 1995 and this rumour was going round back then...

Edited by Longy67
  • Like 1