Should Hallamshire Hospital Be Moved To Attercliffe

On 23/04/2024 at 14:00, RollingJ said:

Be very interested to know as well - that means no Hospital facilities south of The Wicker - dead easy for anyone in the south of the city to get to. Even the Hallamshire is a pain - but doable.

Hallamshire is difficult to get to from the south of Sheffield

You have to go deep into city centre to get the tram that still doesn't go close or a bus 

No way to get to Hallamshire from ecclesall road / london road without going all the way to fargate

No A&E deems this hospital abit of a waste in my opinion

This needs attention 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

@Grumpycatweasel - I'm in the SW, and don't find it that hard.

Yes, we're only a 10 min drive away.  20 mins if we have to get the bus. 

I've heard that SCC & the Govt are currently in discussion to build a new mosque next door to @Grumpycatweasel's house.   Or I could have just made it up? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 27/04/2024 at 11:19, Grumpycatweasel said:

You have to go deep into city centre to get the tram that still doesn't go close or a bus 

No way to get to Hallamshire from ecclesall road / london road without going all the way to fargate

Both wrong.

The Tram runs up/down West St to/from the A61 Ring Road, not far from RHH.

And there are at least some buses from Ecclesall Rd. (but not the old no.50- shame!)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Both wrong.

The Tram runs up/down West St to/from the A61 Ring Road, not far from RHH.

And there are at least some buses from Ecclesall Rd. (but not the old no.50- shame!)

exactly it's  approximately  half a mile from the Uni tram stop to  the Hallmshire main entrance  ( B road  entrance under the canopy) and 0.3 miles  fro mthe Uni tram stop to the Children's 

22 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

The 6 and the 10 travel to RHH via Abbeydale Road as well as Ecclesall Road. The 10 even reaches a bit of London Road.

Why not move all public services from the South of the city, after all it’s deemed to be the ‘posh’ side, I doubt that it’s huge number of Public Sector residents would agree, but what the heck?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Why not move all public services from the South of the city, after all it’s deemed to be the ‘posh’ side, I doubt that it’s huge number of Public Sector residents would agree, but what the heck?

West side..... puh-lease !!!!!