Whats Replacing The Old Wilkco At St James Retail Park

If a retailer was moving in soon there would usually be some sign of a planning application for their new signage. Can't see anything on the planning portal.

Doesn't mean to say there isn't already someone planning on coming in soon, as those apps can often be done quickly, during fit-out etc.

Also highly likely that, as HeHasRisen says, it's just being tidied up readied for future interest.

9 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

If a retailer was moving in soon there would usually be some sign of a planning application for their new signage. Can't see anything on the planning portal.

Doesn't mean to say there isn't already someone planning on coming in soon, as those apps can often be done quickly, during fit-out etc.

Also highly likely that, as HeHasRisen says, it's just being tidied up readied for future interest.

Indeed I assume the legalities of Wilko going into administration meant they couldn't do it sooner. 

• 2 weeks later...

I

On 07/05/2024 at 10:23, bassett one said:

i have heard on lowedges forum its going to be B&M   did not think it was big enough the forums put a council agreement but it doesnt work for whatever reason

I’ve heard it’s not B&M, it going to be a Poundland.  

14 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Wow.  Seems the rumour mill is in full swing with this one.

Is there anything it possibly hasn’t been linked with being? 🤣

Poundland will be good for the area and bring in new business.

3 hours ago, pfifes said:

I

I’ve heard it’s not B&M, it going to be a Poundland.  

After your shambles with the Woodseats old Farmfoods unit, you better stay out of this one 🤣

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

After your shambles with the Woodseats old Farmfoods unit, you better stay out of this one 🤣

Well, it’s actually through that that I found that Poundland is coming to the Wilko site.  It will boost the area no doubt.