Whats Replacing The Old Wilkco At St James Retail Park

3 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

SNIPPED

Also — note the question marks, I was asking the questions based on my limited understanding of Specsavers (I only know what I think I know because I once spoke to someone who had a Specsavers store so I’m hardly the authority on it).

'I once spoke  to someone' is translatable to 'cast iron 100% written in stone' for some posters on here........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

I'm not telling you anything.

I'm just discussing the topic… on this here discussion forum.

Also — note the question marks, I was asking the questions based on my limited understanding of Specsavers (I only know what I think I know because I once spoke to someone who had a Specsavers store so I’m hardly the authority on it).

Your source might be right and the Specsavers might close, which is fair enough (I’m sure Specsavers stores have closed in the past), but it is also fair that people question such a statement with a lack of other evidence.

Fair enough but I wouldn’t have phrased it that way as that isn’t how it came across.

On 24/07/2024 at 22:50, SheffieldForum said:

Specsavers is franchised (or ‘Joint Venture Partnership’ as they call it) is it not?

So each branch is its own independent business really.

It isn’t like a chain of shops where some head office makes decisions on what stores open and close where — it is up to the franchisee?

You are correct specsavers are franchised as my sister works for specsavers where she lives and says each branch operates independently 

On 23/07/2024 at 20:28, redruby said:

Specsavers are moving out and a pound shop is replacing their unit.

That's not big enough for a pound shop and myself, my partner and his mum are customers there and have not heard anything about it shutting in fact his mum has had a letter from them to make an appointment 

22 hours ago, foxydebs said:

You are correct specsavers are franchised as my sister works for specsavers where she lives and says each branch operates independently 

Does she know if the Norton one is closing to become a pound shop?

22 hours ago, hackey lad said:

To let people know . The old Wilkinsons at Crystal Peaks opens on 14 August as a new B and M 

That’s good news.

I wonder what will become of the old Haymarket Wilko?

On 27/07/2024 at 22:15, redruby said:

Does she know if the Norton one is closing to become a pound shop?

No, as you have been told each branch operates independently