Nhs Stupidity

Why, when there are a couple of results of my yearly check-up slightly outside the 'guidelines', does the same person have t call me twice to discuss them. They have both results in front of them at the same time (as I do on the  NHS app), but no, they can only deal with one at a time!!

What an absolute and utter waste of time and energy.😡

I knew what they were testing - the nurse gave a list - all the tests are completed, it is just that they have to 'only deal with one at a time' - whoever thought of this barmy rule needs sacking - they won't be, of course, because they'll be in the upper echelons, and those individuals are, for some unknown reason, untouchable.

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Why, when there are a couple of results of my yearly check-up slightly outside the 'guidelines', does the same person have t call me twice to discuss them. They have both results in front of them at the same time (as I do on the  NHS app), but no, they can only deal with one at a time!!

You’re lucky to have someone to talk to about them.

My GP has stopped the service whereby you could ‘phone them up to get your test results. 
Now if there are any anomalies they’ll’phone you!

They never miss things, do they? No, of course not!

echo.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, echo beach said:

You’re lucky to have someone to talk to about them.

My GP has stopped the service whereby you could ‘phone them up to get your test results. 
Now if there are any anomalies they’ll’phone you!

They never miss things, do they? No, of course not!

echo.

My results appear in my NHS app - I don't need to phone up to get them.

These two calls could be combined into one - as I said above, they have  both 'anomalies' in front of them at the same time, but they have to make two calls to discuss them'

If, when I was working and a customer rang up to discuss two different orders, I had said 'no you'll have to call tomorrow about the second one' , I'd be sacked as soon as they complained to my superiors.

Edited by RollingJ

Just now, echo beach said:

Agree Rolling but we all know the NHS is ‘one of a kind’ don’t we.

Take it as a compliment. Just like New York you’re so good they rang you twice!😃.

echo.

We know the NHS is horribly inefficient in the administrative area, true, but you would have thought they could learn how to be slightly better - obviously not!

Bolded bit - yep, so I have to make sure I can take two calls, which could both been done in one - as I said above - total incompetence! 😡

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I can see that this would be annoying, but surely it's nice to know that you're being cared for, (If not over cared for) 😉

1 minute ago, Draggletail said:

I can see that this would be annoying, but surely it's nice to know that you're being cared for, (If not over cared for) 😉

It is more than annoying, @Draggletail, it is totally inefficient and a very bad waste of resources/time as I said above.

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

It is more than annoying, @Draggletail, it is totally inefficient and a very bad waste of resources/time as I said above.

But it is difficult to interpret the test results when they are grouped together like this.

Chol,Trigs,HDL,CLDL For primary prevention - interpret in line with risk tables
Serum cholesterol level 4.0 mmol/L
Serum HDL cholesterol level 1.7 mmol/L
Serum triglyceride levels 0.5 mmol/L [< 2.3]
Serum LDL cholesterol level 2.1 mmol/L
Serum non high density lipoprotein cholesterol level 2.3 mmol/L
Serum cholesterol/HDL ratio 2.4

It states that Serum triglyceride level should be < 2.3 which it is.

But something is 'abnormal'.

Result -  Abnormal
What you need to do    Other (LDL or non-HDL raised. statin maybe advised, please await further instruction from the practice pharmacist (may be letter or phone call) within the next 2 weeks.)