Nhs Stupidity

The NHS has become a monster that no Government has yet been able to tame.  It has become too large and complex an organisation to wholly manage centrally. 

It constantly wastes money and resources and fraud is only a small part of this.  As we see reported time again, gross inefficiencies play a large part in patient dissatisfaction and clinical errors and  still it goes on.   I  have seen the very best of the NHS and also its very worst.  As I approach retiring age and need medical intervention more often, I very much feel I am an inconvenience to this monster who I fear may well be the death of me one day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

The NHS has become a monster that no Government has yet been able to tame.  It has become too large and complex an organisation to wholly manage centrally. 

It constantly wastes money and resources and fraud is only a small part of this.  As we see reported time again, gross inefficiencies play a large part in patient dissatisfaction and clinical errors and  still it goes on.   I  have seen the very best of the NHS and also its very worst.  As I approach retiring age and need medical intervention more often, I very much feel I am an inconvenience to this monster who I fear may well be the death of me one day.

That is the standard right wing view.

There are many aspects of the NHS that works independantly, as would any reformed NHS.

One evident form of privatisation is the use of NHS funding for private provision. For example, the proportion of the NHS budget spent on private providers rose from 3.9% in 2008/09 to 7.3% in 2018/19 (Iacobucci, 2019).

The Centre for Health and the Public Interest (CHPI) suggests that this is a significant underestimate. Its analysis includes further spending, such as that by local authorities, charities, the voluntary sector and social care, in its estimates, which suggest that the proportion of the NHS budget spent on private providers is at least 18%.

https://www.economicsobservatory.com/what-are-the-costs-of-privatisation-in-the-uks-healthcare-system

I reckon that one day everyone will have to take out insurance like in America the nhs will be cast into the historic archives .

Edited by gaz678

3 hours ago, gaz678 said:

I reckon that one day everyone will have to take out insurance like in America the nhs will be cast into the historic archives .

That's exactly what the Tories want to do if they could get away with it.

The NHS will only ever be safe in Labour's hands.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, BigPP said:

That's exactly what the Tories want to do if they could get away with it.

The NHS will only ever be safe in Labour's hands.

Oh yes like when Labour scrapped PFI for example.... oh no wait.... they expand it massively and even brought in a specific bill.  The National Health Service Private Finance Act. 

Pull your head out of the sand. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Did you used to live in a council house  ?

4 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Oh yes like when Labour scrapped PFI for example.... oh no wait.... they expand it massively and even brought in a specific bill.  The National Health Service Private Finance Act. 

Pull your head out of the sand. 

Let me help both of you. Look here:

https://news.sky.com/story/the-only-cure-is-a-labour-government-tory-mp-and-doctor-dan-poulter-defects-over-nhs-chaos-13124420

and here:

133a0b_6279ca23c91643d0a7053b1270464d41~mv2.jpg

4 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Nice deflection there. We were talking about funding until you changed the subject when you got caught out talking out of your backside.

Speaking of Trolls 🧌