New Colours For First Buses In South Yorkshire

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

For the whole of the FirstGroup fleet? And yellow is a colour that soon looks dirty.

Mmm... you could be right. 

Grey would be OK with a white stripe for contrast.

6 hours ago, RollingJ said:

A bus is a bus is a bus, and having a standard colour scheme across your fleet makes intergroup transfers much easier.

The issue comes down to the vinyls afterwards though with transfers. 

Couple of years with the vinyl in the same place and the paintwork fades around it. Take off the vinyl for a transfer and you've an imprint of the vinyl in fresh looking paint. 

3 minutes ago, Resident said:

The issue comes down to the vinyls afterwards though with transfers. 

Couple of years with the vinyl in the same place and the paintwork fades around it. Take off the vinyl for a transfer and you've an imprint of the vinyl in fresh looking paint. 

I have noticed. 😀

4 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

I would have thought it would be pretty straight forward after all that is what they do

It is much easier to paint a bus (or anything else, come to that) if you are only using one or two colours.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

My wife asked me to ask.  What colour do the buses have to be to make them turn up on time? 

Colour of bus is irrelevant - it is the amount of traffic on the roads that is the issue.😀

• Like 1