Council Announce Timetable Extension To City Revamp

23 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

See, this isnt good enough for most people on here, they will want people going round knocking on every door, a letter to every house for every decision that has to be made, adverts during Coronation Street. And then the same people will moan about rhe cost of doing all that.

You cant win.

Yep. 

And then they won't even complete the consultation when it is put right under their nose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SheffieldForum said:

Displays and events were held in 2019 at the Millennium Galleries and the Moor Market, and it was followed by online engagement. All were promoted via press releases, radio, social media and more.

i went along to one of the consultation events.

got chatting to a nice old lady - who said she hated the plans : "it's not the proper Sheffield that i grew up in"

I asked her if she'd been down to Castlegate recently, maybe to the Pollen Market?

"oh yes! it's lovely! - they should do more like that!"

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ads36 said:

loads of things:

1) power points being installed so the markets don't need noisy generators

2) large underground bins, to release the potential for flats above the shops

3) large planting areas

4) other stuff i've forgotten

5) resurfacing.

Why should i have to go out of my way to a consultation for this waste of money ?

Maybe they should have to collect the council tax money from my hand 

I’m not paying for this, it was fine before 

Edited by Grumpycatweasel
Reparations from SCC

Last Saturday I had a walk from Sheffield High Street to the Moor Market.  There definitely is a lot of regeneration going on.  I thought there was a nice atmosphere when I was walking down the Moor and I liked what I saw. I didn’t see many beggars on my travels, there’s plenty of them in Newcastle where I live. It was busy in the Moor Market and there wasn’t as many empty stalls as the last time I was in there.  I prefer the New Market in Sheffield to the old relic, Grainger market in Newcastle, they have all on trying to preserve the building. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

I’m not paying for this, it was fine before 

Incorrect. It’s being paid for by central government grant, which your taxes will have contributed to. 

• Like 1