Michael McIntyre Arena Show 27.4.24

Did anybody go and see Michael McIntyre at the Arena last night? I have long been  a fan, but last night's show, which I believe was new material, just didn't do it for me, and this seems to have been mirrored by the subdued reaction of many people around us. What was it like for anybody else?

17 minutes ago, silverglade5 said:

Did anybody go and see Michael McIntyre at the Arena last night? I have long been  a fan, but last night's show, which I believe was new material, just didn't do it for me, and this seems to have been mirrored by the subdued reaction of many people around us. What was it like for anybody else?

My son and daughter in law went and said the same thing.  They said it wasn't 'new material' it was mostly what they saw and heard four years ago. I expected them to come home buzzing but they were very quiet and very disappointed.

On 28/04/2024 at 11:30, choogling said:

As funny as woodwork in a crutch factory, not for me.

This joke is about as funny as Michael McIntyre.

Would have been better if you had said "WoodWorm" instead.- lol

• Haha 1

Can't stand McIntyre, so I wouldn't have paid to see him but this thing of comedians doing old material, it's a bit like going to see your favourite band, people want to hear the well known jokes & routines, so the turn will give the audience what they want. 

The number of times I've seen Micky Flanagan, (who I do like), both live & on tv do his "Yeh!  I'm ah't, ah't" routine but I still find it funny.  

I bet Peter Kay still gets the biggest cheer of the night when he mentions "Garlic bread."