Parking at Robin Hood airport?

The short and medium stay parks are convenient, but if you are going for a week or more parking is off site and as to be pre-booked as I found out at 5am one morning last year.

:o

That's a good point.

I'd like to think that with all the free spaces/fields/old units around Doncater that they have planned for the parking issue for when it starts to get busier, and they inevitabley have to make the close car parks for short/medium stay only.

We'll see though

• 9 years later...

I took a wrong turning, pulled up to ask this guy directions for the short stay car park and then realised he was a parking enforcement officer. What's the chance of a ticket? I've read a few articles about them being too keen to issue them

I took a wrong turning, pulled up to ask this guy directions for the short stay car park and then realised he was a parking enforcement officer. What's the chance of a ticket? I've read a few articles about them being too keen to issue them

Know of more than one case of people pulling up for literally seconds, engine still running, never leaving their car - just to get their whereabouts and then receiving a fine for parking. Fingers crossed you get away with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Taking a trip from Robin Hood airport soon (just a long weekend)

Anyone have any experience of parking there?

If so is the airport's own car park economical or is it best to use an off-site company?

Thanks.

Parking at Robin Hood is great compared to all the other airports I have ever used. There is one carpark which is right in front of the terminal. It's kind of how London-Luton was set out before they expanded it. Very convenient.