University Of Sheffield Students Set Up Encampment On Campus

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

You've got to wonder if they're as uneducated on the subject as this poor American woman;

So because the political and religious doctrine of Palestine is anti-gay, that means it's ok for Israel to murder Palestinian children, and no gay person should be able to stand up and say, 'killing those innocent children and people is wrong'?

So I guess also, because I don't agree with the military actions of the IDF and Israeli government, I should also have zero sympathy for the Israeli victims of the October 7th terrorist attack?

1 hour ago, AndrewC said:

So because the political and religious doctrine of Palestine is anti-gay, that means it's ok for Israel to murder Palestinian children, and no gay person should be able to stand up and say, 'killing those innocent children and people is wrong'?

So I guess also, because I don't agree with the military actions of the IDF and Israeli government, I should also have zero sympathy for the Israeli victims of the October 7th terrorist attack?

You could also be called  homophobic .

1 hour ago, AndrewC said:

I must have missed the part where I claimed ANY of that?
I was simply pointing out that a lot of these so called protestors have no idea about who or what they're protesting in favour of.

Again, tall horse, thin air, climb down.

50 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I must have missed the part where I claimed ANY of that?
I was simply pointing out that a lot of these so called protestors have no idea about who or what they're protesting in favour of.

'A lot' - wow, one idiot in a youtube video, great evidence.

My counter-point to the point you are making is that a) I suspect many of them know full-well that Palestine and other middle-eastern countries have human rights laws & records in stark contrast to western nations, particularly in relation to LGBT rights and b) it shouldn't really matter anyway, when we're talking about a conflict which is claiming many innocent lives, many of which are children.

Many oppressed or endangered people come from nations which have some questionable morals & laws - that doesn't mean we shouldn't call out that oppression/suffering.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

'A lot' - wow, one idiot in a youtube video, great evidence.

I didn't think it would be feasible, or appreciated by the forum owners bandwidth, to post hundreds of YouTube videos 👌

I wonder how many of these protestors are actually students, given that they've been set up there throughout the exam period.

Also no reporting of the criminal damage caused by pro-Palestine protestors (on at least two separate occasions that I'm aware of) to the Firth Court building. 

• Like 1

On 02/05/2024 at 21:01, hackey lad said:

What I don't understand is they are protesting  about the Arms link/trade at the University but they chose  to study there in the first place .

I thought they were at uni to study ?